“Unexpected find in the burbs”

Ephesus Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #6 of 557 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Houston, Texas, United States
“Unexpected find in the burbs”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our friends told us about a great place in Katy. I was skeptical even though they know good food and we finally met them there for dinner. What a delight. Small, charming place with extra nice service and great food. I am a foodie and love "off the beaten track" items like tripe soup. Theirs is noteworthy and so is the hummus, pita, lamb, filet, tabouli. Our waiter was patient in answering our questions and made us feel very welcome.

Our friends do take-out service from Ephesus (could become quite the habit for us) and they are spot on in thinking that the food is fresh, pure and delicious.

Houston, Texas
“Great Lamb Kebab”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on reviews here and on other sites. And the Lamb Kebab was delicious...some of the best we have had. We also tried the tabouli and the cabbage rolls which were also good. We had also had some lovely white wine from Santorini with our meal. We were promptly served and our waiter was very service oriented. We will be back for more!! It was fairly standard Turkish style food and we would recommend giving it a try if you like Mediterranean.

1 Thank csharp59
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I came here last night based on all the positive reviews posted on here. Honestly, this place is mediocre at best - atmosphere & decor is poor, food is very average - we tried the red lentil soup/ shepherds salad & kabobs as recommended and all were satisfactory but nothing to rave about. My side - a grilled vegetable platter arrived completely burnt! When I didn't eat it, my server asked me if I wanted a to-go box - erm...no. A sluggish fly went & died on our table! We won't be coming back.....

“Standards slipping?”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I ordered an appetizer and entree. I seemed to wait an inordinate time for the appetizer, to then get both served together. I should have had pitta bread with the appetizer and had to ask, and then wait, for it. As it was a cold appetizer and a hot entree, of course I had to eat the entree first. The food is really good with reasonable, not excessive portion sizes. Value for money is excellent.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mustang1955
Houston, Texas
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We first tried Ephesus on a whim a couple of years ago, and now it's a favorite of ours. The restaurant is in an unassuming strip mall, and the decor is nothing special, but the food has been spectacular every time, and the service never less than excellent. We eat here every few months (that's frequently for us), and tell everyone we know to try it. Our kids love it as well.

• Visited June 2013