“Top shelf”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Corpus Christi
“Top shelf”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our dinners were excellent and inexpensive. The staff and cook were from Turkey, adding to the authenticity. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, and the meals served promptly. Try the lamb sis kebab plate or the gyro plate and lamb plate; ours were served over rice with a pleasing array of Mediterranean sides. I was pleased that the wine list was also good.

• Visited April 2012

Houston
“Delicious food, Great value!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The lunch special is fantastic. $8.95 includes soup or salad, meat plate, pita, gyro or mezze plate, and choice of hotor cold tea, coffee, etc.
Lamb sis kebab plate was so tasty and tender served over rice and includes pickled red cabbage, grilled veggie, onion and fresh bread. Owner/waiter very friendly and welcoming. Will return often!

1 Thank edwardr801
“Great lunch for $8.95”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

4 lunch options. I had the shepherd salad plus a gyro. Included bread and beverage. Great value and good tasting.

Katy, Texas
“By far the best restaurant in Katy, TX”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I have been here on numerous occasions and we both agree that there is no other restaurant in Katy that even remotely compares to the exceptional value and overall taste and quality that Ephesus offers.

The food here is spectacular and the waitstaff is equally as impressive. We generally come here for the lunch special, which for $8.95 offers your choice of lamb/beef/chicken/or gyro meat (which is served with rice pilaf, grilled vegetables, pickled red cabbage, and sliced onion), soft drink/hot or iced tea (hot tea is wonderful and served with sugar cubes!)/or coffee, as well as a choice between red lentil soup (my wife's favorite soup...of any she has ever tried) and a refreshing cucumber/tomato shepherd salad. You will also get some fresh, house-baked bread and a mixture of 18 herbs/spices mixed with olive oil for dipping the bread in.

My wife's favorite meal is the filet mignon and I generally opt for the lamb sis kabob. Both are marinated, tender, cooked to order, and outstanding. We have never had a bad meal here. The waiter has always been attentive and when I've ordered to go, he always insists on carrying it out to my car for me.

Finally, if you have any room left--or even if you don't--finish your meal off with a Kunefe, which we can never seem to leave without (even if we are already stuffed!). It is shredded wheat that is laced with a thin layer of cheese, soaked in a honey syrup, baked to a crisp golden brown, and topped with finely chopped pistachios...and it is divine.

If you are in the area (around Mason Road in Katy) for lunch, come in and try the $8.95 lunch combo and do yourself a favor and try the Kunefe to finish it off. You won't regret it!

• Visited October 2011