“Great value, service and taste”
Review of Ghengis Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ghengis Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Been here a couple of times, the staff is friendly and helpful (maybe too outgoing for some, but I love it), especially on the first visit, when an explanation of the concept was needed.
There is a great variety of ingredients and spices here, and I suspect that the few people unhappy with the meals are not very experienced with mixing and matching such diverse tastes, and might even have done the classical mistake of adding all the different things you like in one bowl - that is never a success.
Small bowls? I normally take a to-go box from this place for my lunch the next day, and I am 6'1" 205lbs. Only when I don't fill the bowl to the brim am I able to eat it all.
Fresh ingredients, fast service, maybe a little hectic atmosphere,

There are newer reviews for Ghengis Grill

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband wanted to try this place. I can't even believe anyone would think this concept is good, but there is no accounting for taste. You are given a toddler-sized bowl, into which you put your choice of raw meat and veggies. You then give this to the cook, and he cooks it for you on a large flat grill. It took quite a while to cook. The waitress finally brought our food to us. Did I mention the tiny bowls?? I made the mistake of choosing pork, why you ask, is that a mistake? The pork was terribly rancid and tasted awful. I did make a point of complaining to the waitress, but she did not do anything or offer anything to me. She did say she would tell the manager, but if she did tell him he never appeared. The prices are not cheap, I think it is $10 dollars for the tiny serving and then you can get unlimited portions for $15. I could have eaten much better and cheaper at any Asian or Chinese food place. I suppose, if you don't know how to stir-fry at home, this could be intriguing. I am not an expert, but we eat out a lot and I am also a decent cook. This place was just very disappointing to both my husband and I. The service was also very poor, even though there seemed to be plenty of staff and they were not busy.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I understand that they don't want to give away the farm, but the bowls are pretty small. After putting in your chicken or beef, etc, there isn't that much room without piling it very high and risking a spill. BUT, the food was great. I would still recommend the place, just tell you to be careful with your bowl.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I like being able to choose just what is in your meal. Wishing the bowls were bigger though.
I always have had a positive dinning experience at Ghengis.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Love being able to select everything from mear, vegetables and sauce. My personal favorite sauce for mt chicken stir fry is 1/2 teriyaki and 1/2 sweet n' sour. Love that they offer brown rice. :-)