“Just okay”

Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 541 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is the restaurants newest location to the Katy, TX area and it is FANTASTIC! Much improved compared to other locations I have visited and deserves a shout out on TA! Please add so others may review!
Antioch, California
“Just okay”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went once and saw no reason to go back. Chuy's opened a mile or two away and it is much better for our taste.

• Visited June 2013

Katy, TX
“Love Lupe Tortilla's!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food, prices, and location! However, usually extremely crowded and clientele are put on a wait list.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, TX
“TexMex that's worth the wait”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This review is for the Hwy 6 location; I've never been to any of the other ones.
Great TexMex food and worth the wait. Depending on the night you go, the wait could be 30+ minutes, but there's a reason why; it's good food!! I'm quite partial to the Carne Asada. Their lime marinade is spectaclar and what keeps me coming back time and time again. If you're looking for a quick sit down with fast service, then take your busy self somewhere else. For those of us who enjoy great food, grab a drink from the bar and enjoy some conversation with your fellow diners in the waiting area.

• Visited April 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Charro beans!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

My first time there will visiting my gf, another couple joined us and we had a great time! The service was great and the top shelf drinks were awesome! The staff was exceptional as we had several of them waiting on us! The food was excellent and served quickly and hot! Would recommend to eat there. Looking forward to my return!

Visited December 2013
New York
“Nothing spectacular”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

A decade ago, I would rave about Lupe on Hwy 6 and send friends there all the time. I've visited the Katy location twice now when I return to town and have found it mediocre at best. Sometimes franchises grow too fast and are unable to replicate service and quality. I'd say this is the same for the Katy location. Our chicken lupe was ok. It tasted a bit dry and over cooked. The waiter seemed frazzled and had difficulty understanding our request for additional tortillas. Our meal was very average and somewhat disappointing.