“Don't wear a hat”
Review of Las Alamedas

Las Alamedas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Alamedas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 578 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interstate 99 & Cinco Ranch Blvd.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Food is great, place is kinda stuffy for no real reason, I was asked to remove my hat when I entered and had not even made it to my table.

1  Thank Sharkman21

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The service here was attentive and professional. The food was good and the atmosphere is perfect. They have a beautiful patio that overlooks the center of La Centerra so it's a perfect place for a good meal with someone you want to enjoy the scenery with!

1  Thank MrsJennifer
Reviewed January 5, 2012

There were a total of ten of us including three children. Service was excellent, we were seated quickly and the food was very good. Will definitely return when back in town.

1  Thank cag0916
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Very nice restaurant. Exceptional speciality dishes. The fish dishes are very good.

1  Thank Henry D
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Let me preface this review by saying that if you're looking for a place with cheap, greasy food...this is not your place. You will pay more than you would at the average Mexican restaurant, but you will get higher quality food as well.

My wife and I came to Las Alamedas on a Friday night and at first glance it looked pretty quiet. Turns out there are two sides to the restaurant, and the side that we were taken to was packed. So we were led across a busy dining room and sat at a table near the far side of the room, which was fine with us since it sort of put us out of the high traffic area. The coat/purse rack next to the table was a nice touch--don't see that everyday, that's for sure.

Starting out, we got some chips and salsa--and it was awesome. The salsa had an extremely fresh flavor and it was difficult to stop eating it because it was so great. It made it worse that they brought each of us an individual cup of it! Unfortunately, the margarita that accompanied the chips and salsa was not as successful. It sort of tasted like a pre-mixed drink that had been spinning in one of those machines for a few hours--for $8, it was not an enhancement to the evening.

For dinner, I ordered the paella, which is touted as being award-winning. It was indeed very tasty, and the rice is great as leftovers. And there inlies a small problem that I had with it. While what I received was tasty, for the $26 price tag, there was a large quantity of rice and only a couple shrimp and pieces of chorizo, chicken, and pork. The chorizo and chicken in there was a bit dry, but not so much that it wasn't enjoyable to eat. I rather enjoyed the one piece of pork that I got, but wish there was more. There were about 10 total clams/mussels, which were cleverly packed with rice to make sure they stayed warm until they were consumed. I was appreciative that they did this, since cold shellfish is not fun to eat. Anyways, the overall dish was tasty and left me with saffron rice to use with my next day's meal that I cooked at home...so that was a plus.

Basically, if you are looking for a more upscale restaurant in the Katy area that offers good service and food, this is an okay choice. I'm just not sure it's worth what I paid for it. However, if you want above-average authentic Mexican at a similar price (possibly a little less expensive)...try Hugo's in downtown Houston.

1  Thank James B