“Good Mexican Food Good Service”

Tony's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 558 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Mexican
Paris, France
“Good Mexican Food Good Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Everything good at this restaurant. Good Mexican Food, Good Service, Restaurant Clean, Friendly Staff. The only thing I do not like is they use liquid cheese out of can for cheese
on the food.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank desfwillis

Waco, TX
“Outstanding service, but food was just meh”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

On a weekend trip to Katy, I went to Tony's with a friend who lives in the area. I went based only on reviews here, so I had high expectations. The service was phenomenal from the time we walked through the door. We both ordered frozen strawberry margaritas and they were yummy. They were small in size, but really packed a punch. I'm a very light drinker, and one was plenty for me. We ordered the queso as an appetizer since a review mentioned it as being good. It was just plain melted cheese, nothing special. It would probably be perfect for kids because it didn't have any spiciness at all, which I like in queso. I ordered the chicken enchilada verde as my meal and my friend asked for them to make fried shrimp enchiladas--these weren't actually on the menu, but they were very happy to make them anyway. The food was not disgusting, but it wasn't great either. We both decided that our meals were mediocre. The food was very hot when it came out and I've honestly never had better service. I'd definitely come back, but only for the great service and drinks. It is very close to the Alamo Draft House movie theater, so I would maybe come have a drink or two before going to see a movie.

• Visited March 2013
Houston
“Best Tex-Mex around”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff really makes this restaurant shine. The owner and waitstaff make truly make your dining experience pleasant. With the vast array of texmex restaurants around town, it seems like it can be hard to distinguish one restaurant from another. I can say the food here was great. It tasted fresh, it came out hot, and in large portions. The restaurant actually cares enough to make their queso worth ordering. It was creamy and delicious. This was our first visit to Tony's and it will become our go-to texmex restaurant in the area. Oh, I almost forgot about the margaritas....delicious and had just enough tequila.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best in Town!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Mexican food, margaritas in Katy on Mason Road a must. everything on the menu is awesome. Rigo is the best server.

Houston, TX
“Staff deserves a A+”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have you ever been to a fancy restaurant and had horrible customer service, ruining your meal... This place is pretty much the opposite of that. The owner walks around talking to the tables and making sure everyone is enjoying their dining experience and the wait staff is top notch. It's very casual and always busy, but I've never waited very long for a table (we try to avoid dining out during peak hours on Friday and Saturday). Portions are huge! I will admit that I'm not a big fan of their cheese enchiladas that I think they make with American cheese, but other than that everything is always great. The staff even tried to help me ease my morning sickness.

• Visited January 2013