“Clean and great location.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We experienced a great stay in a nice and clean hotel. Can't ask for much more than that. Service was very welcoming also. One thing we loved about this hotel was the location. Just down the road from Katy Mills mall and lots of restaurants in the area. As a priority club member, this was a wonderful stay for us.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

As an IHG Rewards member we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to our brand. We would also like to thank your for your positive review because that means we are doing something right. We hope during your next stay in Katy, that your continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

It may be vain to judge a book by its cover, but that's just how I am when I stay at a hotel. Rarely am I there more than a couple evenings to experience all the amenities. I just want a place that's clean, has a comfortable bed, quiet room, and good location. This place meets those standards. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback means so much to us. We are thrilled that our location met your expectations and hope you'll stay with us again very soon.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay at the Holiday Inn in Katy, Tx was wonderful. To start off, this location serves the best breakfast that have eaten in a hotel in a long time. The warm cinnamon rolls and apple danishes were great.
The double queen bed allowed my three sons and I to sleep comfortably for the entire. Plenty of space and a nice tv.
The service was great. I was greeted several times and housekeeping did a good job at cleaning the room and preparing it for our arrival.
I will hopefully stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

i thank you for your kind comments, and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I’m NOT an IHG fan but unfortunately we are Priority Club Platinum Members due to excessive traveling for work (& at times play).

Our star status was hung on our door which was kind of cheesy, but didn’t bother us much. We didn't notice any perks either from the status....I see suites advertised in their (professional) photos but those weren't offered.

We stayed on side away from freeway so no outside noise problems for us.

But be prepared: the walls are PAPER THIN so you hear other guests next door and walking up and down the halls! We were given the handicap room off the elevator so that heightened the noise level! Also, unfortunately for us, our neighbor had an infant/toddler who cried A LOT! Although I felt bad for the baby because something had to be wrong with all that crying, I couldn’t help but become irritated because it disturbed the limited sleep we were afforded when we’d return to our room for quick periods to get rest before heading out again.

Because it was a handicap room, the bathroom door was really large and swung out and annoyingly kept slamming into the mirrored closet door right behind it so we were always fearful of the door breaking the mirror.

On the lighter note, the front desk staff was pleasant and breakfast was decent but not a good variety of fruit. Although we were always away and of the go, there are many food places in the vicinity to go to.

Room Tip: If you're priority/platinum, make sure you request a room OTHER than handicap. Maybe their suit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Tracey H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

As an IHG Rewards Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, because your feedback is very important to us. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are currently reviewing the "perks" we offer to our Rewards Members and expect to make some changes very soon. We invite you to stay with us in the future to take advantage of these exciting changes.

Tracey Harris

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is fairly new. I booked with Name your own price with priceline but I did not get a great deal. It was $90.00 plus fees and taxes.

The hotel room was fine and it was clean. I had requested a non smoking room but I was given a smoking room. At check in they told me they were full and were unable to change rooms. I did not make a big deal out of it and just took the smoking room. It did smell a little of smoke, but not too bad.

The breakfast was very good! They had lots of choices including scrambled eggs, sausages, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, cereal and juices and coffee.The people in the breakfast room were extremely friendly and helpful!

The pool area was small but it was clean and had plenty of chairs.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Texas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

really apreciate your comments and applogize for the smoking room in the future call us in advance so that we better accomadate your prefrence.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn properties and this is the first time I've ever had a star with my status level hung on my hotel room door.
Even though it's right off I-10, the rooms are very quiet (except when some idiot on a crotch rocket tries to get to 100 on the outer road).
There are a myriad of dining choices, many within walking distance. Everything from pho to Chinese to steak to New Orleans style food is literally just a minute or two from the hotel.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bassn386

thanks, very comforting when i get honest opionion about the noise level in the room
hope to see you soon.

nick

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is the second stay we have stayed and I think they get better each time. Very, very clean and modern hotel. The location is perfect because it is in the same parking lot as two great restaurant and just across the street there is a square that is filled with restaurants and bars. Of course my wife says it is perfect since it is just a few miles from Katy Mills mall. Front desk staff is superb and the lady that takes care of breakfast in the morning is top notch, she will even make you pancakes! We always stay in a king suite because of the living room/mini kitchen and it is perfect. If you need to stay in Katy for any reason, you can't beat this hotel.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the front and the back with no discernible outside noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TexThai
nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013