“Clean and like new”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Houston, Texas
“Clean and like new”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good value hotel with plenty of dining options nearby. And it is less than a 10 minute drive to Katy Mills Mall. The front counter staff was helpful, and everything was neat and clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a decent rate, and pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I am a Katy resident who was looking for a room with a Jacuzzi. I was looking for a place to get away from all the stress of home and work for the wknd and just by chance I walked in with no reservations and asked the front desk who was very helpful. I just figured it was just another hotel but to my surprise not only was the room Wonderful but so relaxing soft beds clean rooms great service and some of the best eating places in Katy all surrounding the hotel. Great detail all the way down to the plugs in the walls and Not having to move furniture all over to plug anything up! When my family comes to town I will put them up in one of the rooms. Well worth the price!

Kudos Katy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter and I just stayed there during one of her softball tournaments. The hotel was nice & clean! The breakfast was good, and the staff were all friendly. Our room was nice, so I would stay there again! Also, hotel is close to several great restaurants -- which was nice too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked this hotel for a couple of nights before flying home to London. the staff are friendly the hotel is very clean and the breakfast is good. we were able to check in online in their business centre and nothing was too much trouble. the local is close to several restaurants and the outlet malls for that last minute shopping, just perfect right down to the free fruit in the foyer.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

While we visited my Mom and Daughter in East TX we stayed at this place and it was great! The rooms were clean spacious and bed was very comfortable. The previous hotel we stayed at while visiting my mother and daughter was great as well and it was nice to have 2 great hotels in a row for our stays. This hotel had a very helpful staff and service was excellent. It's great that both my Mother and Daughter who's attending college are in the same town and she cares for my mother while we're away. Thanks to this hotel and we will definitely be back here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I will confess I'm a traditional 4 or 5 star hotel fan. I expected to be miserable and it really wasn't bad at all. I had a budget and used Hotwire for the booking. ($75 per night) This hotel is on the very edge of the Energy Corridor. (bad location in my opinion, but that's a Hotwire issue)

It seemed to be in brand new condition, and appeared very clean everywhere. My room was nice enough and was pretty spacious. I found the desk area and internet to work out nicely. The beds had a pillow top and were ok - not great, but not bad. The room did smell of smoke by the doorway, but once inside I didn't notice.

Hotel does sit on the highway, although seemed quiet. There is a barbecue restaurant in the lot that was fast casual, not bad.

Room Tip: Choose the non-highway side, quiet as can be!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
thanks for your input and we now have fixed our problem on the forth floor it no longer has the smoking issues we called professionals n the fixed the problem by placing smoke extractors in the hallway n air filter system. if you are back in town try us again.

nick patel
Carrollton, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I got a reservation with Hotwire, that send me to Holiday inn, whose impress was very good so far. But Gaby, counter, made me changed of good impress to worst.

When I checked in, everything was fine, but when I got in I smelled like smoking.
So I called Gaby and asked if this is smoking room because I was with my family, wife and 2 kids. She held me for minutes, then we came down to the counter because no one is smoking in my family, we could not stay with bad smell.

She said no other room is available, but sweet room, that is more expensive and I have to pay extra, or I need to contact Hotwire.
So I said, she never asked me if I prefer smoking room or not. Hotwire never ask me to choose smoking or non smoking, but counter should do while check in.
And said this is the Holiday inn’s problem, not mine, neither Hotwire because reservation should be blocked if nonsmoking is no more available.

She said sorry, but I have two choices, stay a night in smoking room or pay extra for sweet room, and didn’t give me manager’s contact # because it is too late, it was almost 10pm.
Yes, that’s true, it was too late for my kids.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Harrison P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Harrison P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with your room accommodations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Thank you again for your comments.

Karen C