“Like New, not bad for a 3 star hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I will confess I'm a traditional 4 or 5 star hotel fan. I expected to be miserable and it really wasn't bad at all. I had a budget and used Hotwire for the booking. ($75 per night) This hotel is on the very edge of the Energy Corridor. (bad location in my opinion, but that's a Hotwire issue)

It seemed to be in brand new condition, and appeared very clean everywhere. My room was nice enough and was pretty spacious. I found the desk area and internet to work out nicely. The beds had a pillow top and were ok - not great, but not bad. The room did smell of smoke by the doorway, but once inside I didn't notice.

Hotel does sit on the highway, although seemed quiet. There is a barbecue restaurant in the lot that was fast casual, not bad.

Room Tip: Choose the non-highway side, quiet as can be!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

thanks for your input and we now have fixed our problem on the forth floor it no longer has the smoking issues we called professionals n the fixed the problem by placing smoke extractors in the hallway n air filter system. if you are back in town try us again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I got a reservation with Hotwire, that send me to Holiday inn, whose impress was very good so far. But Gaby, counter, made me changed of good impress to worst.

When I checked in, everything was fine, but when I got in I smelled like smoking.
So I called Gaby and asked if this is smoking room because I was with my family, wife and 2 kids. She held me for minutes, then we came down to the counter because no one is smoking in my family, we could not stay with bad smell.

She said no other room is available, but sweet room, that is more expensive and I have to pay extra, or I need to contact Hotwire.
So I said, she never asked me if I prefer smoking room or not. Hotwire never ask me to choose smoking or non smoking, but counter should do while check in.
And said this is the Holiday inn’s problem, not mine, neither Hotwire because reservation should be blocked if nonsmoking is no more available.

She said sorry, but I have two choices, stay a night in smoking room or pay extra for sweet room, and didn’t give me manager’s contact # because it is too late, it was almost 10pm.
Yes, that’s true, it was too late for my kids.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Harrison P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Harrison P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with your room accommodations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Thank you again for your comments.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This newly built Holiday Inn Express was a great place to stay. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful; the rooms were nicely done and very comfortable; the breakfast was great. There were several restaurants within walking distance. Even though the hotel was right next to the interstate, there was no traffic noise. The only issue was that the lights were not working in the back parking lot--we were told to park in the back to be closer to the elevators, but we moved our car to the front parking lot instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent hotel and Staff! Top notch everything. The room was very clean comfortable... Within walking distance of Texas Roadhouse.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend. The first room we were given was on the fourth floor. If you are not a smoker, do not stay on that floor. True, only half of the floor is smoking, but you will find that you will smell smoke in your room even if you are on the opposite side of the hotel floor. We were moved the next morning to the first floor. What we later found out was, churches hold services in the meeting rooms downstairs. So if you stay in those rooms, you will hear everything loud and clear. This is not a knock on churches, but the night service lasted until 10 PM and was loud the entire time. I could hear every word spoken in the microphone. Other than that, the personnel working here are very friendly and the hotel is very nice. Knowing what I know now, I would gladly return, just not stay on the 4th floor or the first floor close to the meeting rooms.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, don't stay on the fourth floor. For everyone, don't stay near the meeting...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Russell T
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

thanks for the information the church group will no longer be held here. n second we are placing a smoke trap on the 4th floor so that it will no longer spresd to the other side.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

It was the best stay. My friend, her daugther and I stay fro tonights and it was awesome. My friends child left her cup and Griselda was so helpfull. Next time we come back we will defenately be staying there. Awesome staff and service. Thanks, for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anayeli S
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We went just for the weekend, as you walk in your are greeted so kindly and smells like new! The Hotel at a great location lots of places to eat at, and gas station down the street ! Hotel is quiet despite it being off the freeway ! Only downfall the extra sheets for the sleeper were very dirty, asked twice for a new set. Very safe location.!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
hiexs6633, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

i am very sorry that u had to request twice you should not have had to request at all it should have been clean in the first place. i will definatly look into this.

thanks