“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Oklahoma
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel is located on I-10. Fast, friendly check-in/out. Room was very comfortable. The free breakfast was outstanding and the dining room was spotless. Very nice lady keeping the breakfast buffet stocked full of every type breakfast food you would want. Can't say too much about the friendly staff. Without exception they would greet you with a smile and a hello. I would highly recommend this hotel if staying in Katy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravisOklahoma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here and the hotel is really clean and pretty! The best Holiday Inn I have stayed in so far! The rooms are all brand new and the continental breakfast is literally mind-blowing. It was like eating at a restaurant for breakfast. They had no problems when I requested late check out and the staff was very proffesional and friendly. Even the maids were nice since each time I left the room when they came to clean, they would always smile. I think the biggest plus for me was the location and as an added bonus, there is cheddars like 10 feet from the hotel! I didn't have a car and had to rely on someone else to pick me up everyday but for the three nights I was here, I ate at Cheddars every single night! I am not sure why the hotel is ranked so low since I had an amazing time here. I asked the staff and turns out that they built the hotel sometime last year so that explains why it is low on TripAdvisor. Anyway, this is a completely new Holiday Inn and I would recommend all my friends and family to stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JXN_Blues
North Port, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My Aunt and I were in town for my Dad;s funeral...we decided to stay at this hotel to keep mom's house less crowded....I am so glad we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Tx...because it was 8 months old, everything was new and still shiney...you could tell all the workers took pride in their work at this Hotel...The room was a nice size...beds comfortable, everything clean...room smelled new still...even though it is right off the Hwy 10 the room was quiet. Big 42in t.v. microwave, fridge, coffee maker and small sink in the kitchenette. Texas Roadhouse to the left of you and Cheddars to the right...does it get any better? I would definitely stay here again...in fact we stayed at two other Holiday Inns on this trip and had the same experience...I no longer look for Motel 6 signs....it is Holiday Inn Express all the way! 2 queen bed rooms average around $115 with tax....I must also say the breakfast was awesome every morning...I was excited to see they had my favorite yogurt...yummy danishes....a new pancake machine that kicks out hot pancakes in 45 seconds...sausage, bacon, omlets, scrambled eggs, cereal,and fruit just to name a few.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank floridabeaches4me
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as a stay over on my way into Houston for the weekend, and I can't express how much I enjoyed this hotel. The staff was over the top -- friendly, helpful, and even funny. Checking in the hostess asked if I wanted a wakeup call, and I was so excited that I wasn't asking for a 6am call! She confirmed that I was on a pleasure trip, and then said well how about let's get you a late check out -- how's 2 pm sound. Yes, yes!! Please. lol.. anyhow, when I woke the next morning, I wanted to enjoy the pool for a short time before departing, but it didn't open until 10am. I asked if I could visit the pool if I would be quiet and not actually get in but rather catch some rays, and with a smile he said "no problem". If I had been alone I think I would have just stayed right there for the weekend, but my son had come along and we had museum plans in Houston, so after we enjoyed breakfast we departed. I often have business in Houston, and I've mapped the route and figured out that I can stay here and do business in Houston without too much of a delay - and that is exactly what I plan to do.

Bravo HIE!!! You have a winner in this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzi-Queue-T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and I along with our 16 year old son stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and truly enjoyed our stay. We had an executive suite with 2 queen beds. It is their largest suite, and it is really large. The pictures on the website are the same room that we received, but the pictures do not convey how big this suite is. The bedroom area is large, having it's own tv and desk area, then there is a living room with another tv, couch, table, large chair and also a table with 2 chairs. The living room is open to the sleeping area. I wish it had a door between the 2 rooms.

The beds were comfortable, but seemed small for a queen size bed. (I'm used to a king) There is a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker and some utensils are provided. The bathroom was large, with a tv and had a 2 person garden tub. The hotel is only 4 months old so everything was incredibly clean, and new. The staff was absolutely superb-from the front desk people to housekeeping. The hot breakfast every morning consisted of eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal/milk, juice, coffee, sweet rolls, muffins, bagels, english muffins, fruit, and yogurt. It was good, but we had the same choice every morning for 5 mornings. Pancakes or french toast would have been nice, but it was free.

The pool is small, but nice. We went swimming every morning between 10 and 11 am and had the pool to ourselves. I wish the pool opened before 10, I would have been out there even earlier. This is also a whirlpool.

The Cheddars restaurant in the parking lot is great! There are many restaurants that you can walk to.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family