“Didn't get a chance to visit the property.”

Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I called the hotel on today June 30, 2013 @ 2pm to obtain rates and availability. I will have family members here tonight due to a family emergency. The customer service representative was very rude and short. I received the rates but before I could any further details about the property she hung up on me. That's very rude! Even though your property is very close to my home I will be referring my family members to another hotel. Thanks for a horrible first impression. Staff needs to be taught telephone etiquette. The rep didn't even ask if I wanted to make reservations.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Newerabuttafly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Newerabuttafly,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. Our goal has always been to provide the highest level of customer care through a seamless reservation system and we deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is worst experience I ever had in my life, and am paying still for it. My laptop, documents including passport,visa, Degree certs, credit cards, jewellery etc., were stolen from my hotel room, when I was out to work. They don't even have floor level cameras. So there is no clue who stole my items from the room and how they got access to.. !!! There is no safety for your stay that, any body has access to any room anytime. So this hotel doesn't have the basic amenity, of feeling secured. But, the hotel manager was courteous to give ride for 2 days to nearby post office/Banks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KOGN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear KOGN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ok this was this first hotel I stayed at in Texas last week! Pros.. Friendly guest services, safe parking, no bugs, full kitchen with fridge, stove top & microwave with popcorn & bowl, free DVD rentals, close to malls, I-10, grocery store & restaurants. As long as you have a car you can hop on I-10 & get anywhere. Cons... I did not like whatever cleaning solution was used because it left a bad odor but as soon as I reported it the manager quickly responded & took care of me & my concerns! And customer service means the world to
Me so yes I would stay here again if ever in the Katy area
No breakfast but ihop & Denny's are close

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank msbrebre
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Easy off I-10 at Fry Rd., walking distance to many restaurants & stores. Rooms were very clean & comfortable. Wireless Internet was solid but does get overloaded at peak times. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ICness
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel is decent for an extended stay hotel. I only stayed two nights for a business trip. My only complaint was the smell in the room and the noise level. I had a room with dogs right next to me that barked all the time. The room smelled faintly, almost like someone had smoked in it despite the fact that it was non-smoking.

The hotel was very very clean. Nice linens and towels. Bathroom was dimly lit. The best part was all the outlets in the room!!! I didn't have to search to plug in my laptop, phone, bluetooth, etc. The hotel is also very close to restaurants, walking distance to Buffalo Wild Wings and Starbucks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel has a good structure. Rooms have a good size, with a full kitchen and all types of kitchen appliances. No breakfast included. Also, room service is only once a week, so your room/kitchen can get quite messy, unless you wanna do some cleaning by yourself.

Room Tip: Top rooms might be better, regarding the noise from the street and from other travelers on rooms abo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patricia_MGN
Reviewed October 14, 2012

While I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past year I will no longer be staying at this location. Due to changed in the pet policy from $15/night to $75/night I will have to locate additional options to stay while working in this area. Please be aware that the website does not reflect this change and still states it is $15/night, but upon check in I was notified that this policy is now $75/night. As long as you are not traveling with a pet I would recommend this hotel to you as the staff is always very pleasant, one of the front desk ladies always remembers my Husky every time, and the rooms are always fresh and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business