“Big Pines Lodge - Part Deux”
Review of Big Pines Lodge

Big Pines Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Karnack
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a restaurant more than twice BUT this is the first time I have gotten a really GOOD meal at Big Pines in while. I was hoping they would eventually get it right and they did last night.
Back in the day when Betty & George ran the old BPL I would order the fried shrimp at least every other visit and they were great. I took a chance with it last night and they were as good or better than "the old days".
My wife had grilled catfish and she loved it too.
The hush puppies could have been warmer but I guess you can't have everything.
I am looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank tomthbomb

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Recently our family enjoyed an anniversary celebration at Big Pines Lodge. It was an informal dinner with children and grandchildren. As usual, the setting was beautiful on the lake, the service was excellent and the food was fantastic. The jalapeno hushpuppies can serve as a meal. I have to be careful not to fill up on them before the fish comes. We will return whenever we can to enjoy this unique restaurant and its wonderful fish.

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate a late (8 pm) dinner on a Thursday evening and the restaurant was quite busy. We soon found out the reason. The decor was fun. The hush puppies were great. Our waitress was very attentive and informative. The grill went down while we were waiting, but our waitress let us know and it was only a short wait. The food was piping hot and delicious. The price was an excellent value for the food and service we received. We will definitely go back again if we return to the area.

1  Thank Gram0123
Reviewed October 2, 2012

friendly wait staff, not justa great catfish restraunt but the steaks are very good as well, very clean, on the banks of caddo lake,tucked away in the woods, well worth the trip

1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is really good. They had a live bank the Sunday evening we were there. We sit outside, right on the lake and had a great meal. Hushpuppies are so good.

1  Thank smiley1859