“Fun Place NOT in a Big City”
Review of The Mule Barn

The Mule Barn
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Justin
Reviewed June 15, 2016

It's a fun place to stop. The service was excellent. The day I was there, I had been next door to the Lonesome Spur for lunch. They share a kitchen. This is the bar side but they have a full menu along with lots of beer and other libations. The atmosphere was fun and the food was pretty decent. I'd have to give the food a 4, not due to any problems, just that it is bar food. There's a stage and they have live music and the decor is pretty cool. Lots of locals hang out here as well, which I think is pretty cool. I ended up eating at both sides of this joint restaurant concept because I was in town watching a baseball tournament and there are not too many choices. Next door is the huge Justin Boot western wear outlet and worth a walk over to look around.

Reviewed May 1, 2016

We were with some friends on motorcycles just doing a quick trip from Flowermound. We got there on a Saturday a little after lunch but really enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff. They were great for helping recommend some of the betters dishes and just making us feel welcome.

For beer and apps the place was great and I'd really like to come back in the evening sometime to check out the music scene! I'd recommend giving it a try!

Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Great place for a going away party. Live music, cold schooners, game room, and great food. Service was fast and friendly as well! They sell Hangover Joes hangover recovery shots too so you can get something to put a little pep in your step in the morning!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2016

We went to have dinner there. Heard they have a pizza special that is not on the menu. The pizza its self is just a typical freezer pizza you buy from a grocery store. If it's not, then it's the worst fresh pizza I've ever had. The bar seems fun and I'm sure the live music is amazing (we weren't there for that). But to go there for a dinner choice, it is a mistake. Most of the food is fried and it's really just set up to be a bar with food.

Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

Great value, friendly wait staff, good tacos, HOT salsa & cold beer. What more could you ask for?! We have enjoyed Tuesday's with our friends at least once a month. It's a big open "barn" inside but feels cozy.