“Best Breakfast Around.”
Review of Lonesome Spur

Lonesome Spur
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Justin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to go to a good wholesome time warp kinda place...This is it. Good Ol' Boys and good ol' food. Great service and homemade pie too.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family moved to Justin last year and it took us a while to give it a try, but, Oh, Boy! when we did, we loved it. Good home cooking! The chicken fried chicken and steak are superior to a lot of the chain restaurants in Fort Worth or Dallas. They have a bowl of pintos and cornbread, that if you close your eyes and taste it, you would be sure you were sitting at your Grandma's table. At least our family thinks so. We've went to another home style food place in Justin, but this one far exceeds the other one. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When we walked in the first time, we were treated like family who has been eating there for years, not like the strangers we were.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The signs says home cooking, they are far from it . The food was so bad that we couldnt eat it I had eggs bacon hash browns and a bisquit it also came with a small bowl of gravey. The bacon was so thin that it only had one side and tasted burnt, thebisquit was so hard I could have broken a window with it, and thr gravey was made from a premix package. There were flys buzzing around, cob webs in the corners of the windows place was dirty. The server was nice but we had to get our own refill of coffee.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was working on location when a member of the crew suggested this place. I think the best thing about being away from larger cities is finding places like this. Sometimes you strike out and other times you hit a home run. This place was a HOME RUN by all standards. A very popular lunch cafe but still our larger group was able to get in without to much of a wait.

I was told about the Chicken Fried Steak and I normally dont eat this heavy but I'm not often in Justin, I went all in. So I ordered the CFS with all the fixings!! There were ooh's and awes as the food was delivered to our table. Again I dont often get Chicken Fried Steak so I'm no expert but this meal was awesome in every way, the sides over the top and the rolls OH MY GAWD, a yeast and beer type and melt in your mouth. Next time I have a craving for a big CFS and the fixings you can bet that I'll make the drive from Fort Worth. YES its that good (check my pic) and you'll want one to!

All around best local place I've found in Justin for an awesome meal and worth the Drive from FTW.

TIP: Check the sign out front for meal specials, I've posted a pic of the sign or check their FB page for more current specials.

Value: Lunch Special's $6.95, BIG portions!
Quality: Fresh salad, and at least its all tasted homemade
Atmosphere: Low keys, simple and down home. who cares what the place looks like with food like this!
Wait crew: Great job with our larger party. Very friendly folks!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

If you're in Justin shopping, visiting or just passing through, stop by Lonesome Spur Restaurant, right on FM 156, for a delicious meal. You won't be disappointed. Everything is fresh and the daily specials allow for a quick lunch. Yummy.

Been to Lonesome Spur? Share your experiences!