“Pleasantly surprised”

Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Junction
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We read the reviews on Tripadvisor, and said what the heck. We have never stayed in a motor inn, or an Americas Best Value Inn. We were pleasantly surprised with friendly service from the owner, very clean rooms and two comfortable beds in our queen room. The rooms are plain and simple, but more than adequate. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: We stay in room 28 that had two queen beds.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karl A

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a nice place to stay. The place is clean and staff friendly. The bathroom was clean as was the room. My bed was comfortable as well.

There is not much of a breakfast but that is not why I stay in a motel in the first place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ajayhawkfan
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I'll start by saying that we stayed here 3 and 1/2 years ago and really enjoyed our stay. That is the reason we decided to stay here again on our spring break, that was a mistake. We got a good price online for 6 nights and when we got there a little after 4 pm our room was ready even though check-in wasn't until 5 pm. My husband has CHF so the grills were nice to cook our food instead of having to eat out. The room was clean and the workers were polite. The problems started when we looked on the TV for any local channels such as CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX. They have direct TV and we were told there were no local channels or weather channel. So for the whole 6 days we had no weather or news. The internet is very sporadic and it made our teenage son very unhappy to say the least. Also just to let any Verizon people know that coverage is very bad with little to no coverage in Junction. The housekeeper speaks no English and it was very hard to get her to understand what it is that you need. I made the mistake of only getting towels and trash emptied the first few days. I asked the lady in the office to make sure that our room was cleaned the 4th day and then the next day she knocked ;and gave us towels and left. We won't be staying here the next time we go to Junction.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank moonsnana14
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stopped by here on a recent cross country trip and was very happy with my stay. It appears that there are new owners and they have spent a lot of time and money in turning around this place from what I suspected that it was. The rooms are very simple, but clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here in the future.

My only complaint (and it is a minor one) is that it is about 1 mile south of the interstate, but it is a a small town and 2 minutes is a small price to pay for such a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank accbiker
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My son and I stayed here after finding every place to stay in Ozona being booked for this oil boom. We drove on to Junction to rest and I'm glad we did! It was late, maybe midnight or so, and the man at the reception desk was so helpful and friendly. The room was so charming and clean. Every amenity you could think of and if you forgot to pack something there was a sign stating they would provide what they could to help out. The bed was large and comfortable with plenty of pillows. I found the time we had had there to be relaxing and safe for a woman travelling alone with a toddler.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tai Rachel P
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Well, I can't complain about the price of this room, and it did have two beds and a bathroom . . . but our room was very dated and the walls were paper thin. This was a very basic motel. Next time I would choose another.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelUSA19
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I were initially hesitant to book here, as we had stayed several years ago (different owners) and found the experience not overly favorable. However, after reading the recent rave reviews, and the fact that the proprietors had changed and made improvements, we decided to give this location another go. We are glad we did!

The grounds were nice and kept. We had a prompt and courteous check-in. Our room was cozy, clean and cute. The bed was comfy, and linens were fresh. In each room is a little fridge, a microwave and Direct TV (with several movie channels). The rooms are also set up with soap/lotion/shampoo/bath gel dispensers. We had plenty of hot water. It's a one story building, so nobody is walking around in an overhead room. You can park directly outside your room door. This a huge plus for unloading and loading, and keeping an eye on your car.

The breakfast is rather sparse, but if you are light eaters in the morning (like we are) it's adequate. You can have a waffle, or some cereal, and available coffee. We figure they offer more than enough considering what VERY reasonable rates are charged for the rooms. For the heartier eaters there is Isaack's Restaurant right down the street. They have great, reasonably priced breakfasts! There is also a nice little bakery directly across the street from the motel office.

Our family enjoys the Texas Hill Country, and I'm sure we will be returning to this establishment. My hat is off to the new owners for all their hard work fixing up the rooms and making them so inviting.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple