“It is What it is”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Junction
OlneyTX
“It is What it is”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Basic Motel Six kind of place. Smallish rooms. Arrived late , People sitting in parking lot drinking.Since we were travling with Grandchildren this made us uncomfortable. Beds rock hard , smoke dectotor was missing. Would not stay in again, was glad to leave the next morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank kiltons
thelegendsinn, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
i kamal bhakta (owner) apologize for any inconvenience.

The mattresses in the motel rooms have been replaced a few weeks ago. I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations. We are a small locally owned and operated motel. We do not have lot of the bells and whistles that newer corporation owned motels/hotels have, but our guests always tell us how clean the rooms are or how comfortable the beds were. The reviews on other guests on TripAdvisor is a proof to it.

The Smoke detectors in all of our rooms have been moved to a different location in the rooms and we left the plate on the ceiling to live the holes covered. We've made arrangement for those plates to be removed and patch all holes and paint over the previous ones by a local contractor.

About the drinking in the parking lot. "It might have been some sort of occasion for the guests to sit outside and have a few drinks, but I really wish you would have taken the time to come to the office, or even called us at the front desk. We could have taken care of the problem right away and located you to a different room, or another motel in town, and you would not have had to deal with it. "We'd like for all of our guest's to be as comfortable as possible", because you are family when you arrive to our doors.

I personally apologize for some inconvenience you've had once again. Our business is VERY IMPORTANT TO US and we value your feedback. Your feedback on your stay will be very seriously taken and resolved. Thank you for helping us resolve this matter for our other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact @ 325 446 8644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Astoria, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I leisurely traveled across from California to New York and must have stayed in at least 20 different hotels and this one without a doubt was the BEST! Let me tell you something, I know the hotel industry and courtesy are supposed to be synonymous, but for the most part many hotels don't live up to that, especially a lot of the ones we came across, but this place here lives up to it and then some; they are some of the nicest people you will come across and the owner takes service extremely serious.
The rooms are very clean and the furniture decor makes the overall feeling comforting. Other reviewers may say it's far from the freeway off ramp, which it's only 2 min. (not that far) but the area is very safe. Only thing is just make sure to eat or bring food before staying here because there are very limited options.
I just want to say thank you to the Owner for your kindness, we really needed it, especially after staying in hotels that shouldn't be allowed to have their doors open. Continue the great work and just remember to hire people that are as passionate about service as you are so your reputation stays intact. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place was wonderful. Very clean, GREAT price and right off I10. We will be staying here the next time we drive through Junction, Tx! The woman at the front was very nice and kind, and my husband and I knew we would be taken care of very well at this quaint Motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2013

After reading all about this motel and seeing the films of rooms and motel etc. we had to stay there. I love this place and the owners are great people. The Americas best value inn is a fun and comfortable trip back in time. The owners are very friendly and I love catching up on the progress of restoring the Legends Inn.

The new owners have done everything to keep the legend alive making you feel like you are back in the country side area with their friendly and trustworthy attitude.

We were shown the neat clean rooms with what appears to be the original Cooler units which were in perfect condition. And the paintings on the wall are just outstanding drawing, perfectly matching with the location of the area.

Not the cheapest place to stay but considering it's real people not a multi-million dollar chain running it I say worth it just to keep it going with as it seems Kamal the owner and his front desk lady named Judi, doing all of the maintenance work cleaning etc. 24 hrs. a day.

Keep up the good work we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
thelegendsinn, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I shared your review with our staff at ABVI - The Legends Inn. your thoughts, and comments were very much appreciated by Judi, who has put a lot of effort into customer service and kamal who has worked very hard into restoring the old Legends Inn. Once again i personally thank you for a very kind and generous review.
East Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My crew and I have stayed at the ABVI- Legends Inn while working on a project in Junction. It truly is a good value, clean rooms, excellent staff and management, dependable wifi, and a friendly smile. When traveling with my wife, she normally wants to stay in higher end hotels, however, I know she will be pleasantly surprised when we come back to visit this part of the state to see my central Texas friends. To the cross country travelers, definitely worth the short hop off of I-10, also, Junction is about halfway across our fair state, +/- 450 miles to either El Paso or Orange, a short trip for a Texan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Junction, TX is a very small town with only four hotels. We stayed at Legends Inn because it was the only one with a room on our cross-country trip. I was a little nervous as I had seen that it had a one star rating, but boy was I surprised. This small hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, television, and the beds were comfy. The owner was friendly and cared that we had what we needed to be comfortable. There was a simple, but nice free breakfast with cereal, milk, juice, coffee, toast, and a waffle maker (shaped like Texas). For the unbelievably low price we paid, it was a great deal. I would stay there again if I were ever to pass through that part of the country in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
thelegendsinn, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
thank you very much for a very kind review ...our staff and i at this motel work hand to hand with our customers and try to provide them with the best service we can. We hope that you will have a chance soon to stay in Junction at our hotel again.
Sacrament, CA
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was traveling through last minute deal. Got an amazing deal (very clean rooms also). Had a great comfy stay. Manager was helpful getting me eating places near by and great at check out as well. I would recommend anyone that needs to stay in Junction to try this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business