“Good Experience..!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Junction
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good Experience..!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

i was in junction on a business and my company had booked a room at ABVI Legends Inn. my stay was wonderful and i was very pleased with the staff. The front desk lady "JUDY" was very helpful and not to forget she was the funniest person i had ever met. The housekeeping ladies made sure our room was cleaned everyday. Microwave, refrigerator, and LCD tv's were plus becasue i was there for a week. Overall the experience was great. I'm going back that way again in March and i'll make sure my company books the room at the ABVI Legends Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stopped here as a last minute alternative because they had a vacancy (not usually a good sign near the interstate as the clock closes on midnight) and they were pet-friendly. From the looks of the outside, we were not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised. It's an old U-shaped ground floor layout, with really funky furnishings. HOWEVER, the rooms are spotlessly clean, the staff is very, very pleasant, consideration is given to accommodate almost anything you need during your stay, and the beds are extremely comfortable (ours was better than a hotel we stayed in the previous three nights that cost 4 times as much). Not a place one would chose for a honeymoon (in case Junction, TX honeymoon was under consideration) but a very pleasant overnight roughly halfway between Las Cruces or El Paso and Dalls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

It's an older Motel 6 type of place....Heat worked well...Shower worked well...My only complaint is one of the beds sorta buckled in a wierd way....In the middle but opposite the way you sleep....Strange...We just needed a place to rest our heads for the night as we were passing through....We arrived late and there was NO where to eat in sight though...So don't count on food if you arrive after 8pm....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
thelegendsinn, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I personally apologize for some inconvenience. Our business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Your feedback on your stay was very seriously taken and resolved. Thank you for helping us resolve this matter for our other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact us via trip advisor
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at Legends twice on a recent trip going south and coming home west. The ownership has changed since our original visit three years ago and things are different but we still liked Legends and feel it is a real bargain! When driving from Arizona to Louisiana Junction is a natural stopover for my man who loves to make the trip in two days. When I made our initial reservation we were not sure if we would be staying on 11/9 or 11/10...the Inn was nearly full with workers yet the staff agreed to reserve a room for us for both nights until we determined our actual arrival. Much appreciated. On our return stay, 12/6, hunting season was in full swing but we still managed to get a room. My husband was sick and the woman at the desk that night was most helpful with suggestions on where to go to get him some soup. We still recommend Legends in spite of the ownership change.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was excited for my arrival here based on all the reviews, but found nothing to commend about this hotel. It's not horrible if you have some very specific reason to stop in Junction, TX, but I wouldn't recommend it because of numerous annoyances/design flaws/security issues.

As a female traveling by myself I was not all that excited about the relatively unlit lot and lack of secondary security lock on the door (there was a deadbolt) in a pretty remote location with room doors opening directly to the outside. I also found the showerhead annoyingly short, to the point of having to do the limbo to wash/rinse my hair (I'm 5'10" and the water hit my shoulders). Electrical outlets were in inconvenient locations (none near the bathroom mirror), and FYI, there was no hair dryer in the room. The "clean" towels were pretty dingy, and the "dirty" towel left on the counter to clean up spills, etc, was not all that appealing to look at. Neither was the bloody (?) fingerprint on the side of the soap dispenser, though luckily I didn't notice that until right as I was leaving. There's not anything of note nearby, so you're pretty isolated to the hotel and the halfway decent Mexican restaurant across the street.

The above comes across a bit worse than the actual experience, but I wanted to add a bit of a balancing perspective from all the rave reviews that convinced me to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank annielou82
thelegendsinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Legends Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At our motel we strive every day to provide best customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with credit towards your stay last time. When you’re ready for this credit, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you.
Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 325 446 8644. or via trip advisor message.

Kamal bhakta
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is an unbeatable deal for the price and cleanliness of the place. I was looking for a budget place to stay on a fishing trip and wasn't expecting much. I was greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable hotel owner. When I got to the room it was big, had a coffee maker and a fridge and was immaculately clean. Much more than I expected for what I paid. When I woke up the next morning for breakfast there was a nice meal with Texas shaped waffles, cereal and coffee along with a few other things. I highly recommend this place for fishing and kayaking on the South Llano. You'll love the trifecta of 12, 13 and 14 pound bass on the wall at the check-in counter!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MateoVerito
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our 8 day stay in Junction was not voluntary. My car broke down on I-10. Our stay in the Legend Inn was. We absolutely loved the owner and staff. They went above and beyond the call to owning an inn. They kept coffee on for us all day, they washed our clothes for us since we could not get around town. When we did check out (thinking our car was fixed) and they rented our room (no vacancy), they volunteered to drive us to the hotel down the road for the night and they made arrangements for us to check back in early the next day. The rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. They staff was extremely friendly and Judy just made our day with her friendly smile. Kamal (the owner) was very attentive and made sure everyday that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. They made a bad situation into a great stay! Next time I'm in that part of Texas I will make a point of visiting them again!

Room Tip: They pull out and clean/disinfect the A/C units when rooms are vacant to help prevent the spread of...