“Stop Here if your near!!!!”

Best Western Dos Rios
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Junction
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Best stay on our three week trip!!! Very nice and clean. Staff very friendly. Great breakfast... No road noise Pet friendly but still clean!!! The bed was the first bed that felt right. We got a good night sleep. Our neighbor asked if we heard his dog or cat and we did not.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice stay, clean room, comfy beds, great bathroom and shower, very good customer service at front desk. Very good breakfast with hot breakfast tacos as well as the usual fare in a large, clean, open area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank LISA P
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

A nice area. Close to fuel, food, friendly people,
Clean fresh smelling rooms. Pool was closed due to weather. Looking forward to breakfast in AM.
This hotel is located off of US interstate 10 in a desolate section of highway. Need a room when on road stop here...

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel since it opened. We have had a deer lease in Junction for the last 14 years. Prior to this hotel opening, we stayed at what I will call the "Nights Out." When this hotel first opened it was good. Since then, it has changed. It is now absolutely wonderful. The staff are very nice, considerate, and accommodating. The entire property is clean. The rooms are the cleanest I have seen, even in 5 star hotels. The beds are very, very comfortable. The breakfast is good for what it is. If you ever find yourself in Junction, stay here. You won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms on side next to field are a little quieter. Gives you something to look out on. King room sui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidWB95
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great clean place about 2 hours NW of San Antonio. Walking distance (easy) to Dairy Queen, Sonic, Churches fried Chicken and McDonalds is a bit further.A nice pool that stayed open way late (past 12 ). Breakfast bar was good and plentiful. Rooms were clean and everything worked.looks like a new place.

Room Tip: All rooms have entrances from the outsides (no hallways). I might opt for the east side of the build...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank whalehead
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here after a fiasco at Hampton Inn Ft stockton. it was late evening when we arrived. The hotel was easy access off of I-10. The desk clerk was pleasant even thought she was extremely busy. our room was clean and had all the amnities. Breakfast was complimentary and good!! Dont usually stay at Bw because you cant depend on the quality as most of them are privatley owned but this one was exceptional compared to some we have experienced.We would sty here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelavol
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is the third BW Plus where I've stayed this summer. They have ALL been consistently good, but this one was exceptional. I'd have to rank it first - a VERY close first compared to the very nice BW Plus Black Oak Inn in Paso Robles, CA.

Others have fully and completely reviewed this property, so I'll bring up other things and briefly confirm others.

First: It was awesome to be able to find a 3.5 star quality motel in the middle of nowhere in Texas. The other dismal choices were the Rodeway next door and the Days Inn. It's a very nice property and well maintained. Nice, spacious lobby with sofas, TV and public computer. Also, a very nice, clean off-lobby restroom, very clean laundry and fitness room.

Second: The pool was welcome sight and sensation after 20 hours of driving from L.A. But, having walked from the lobby to the rooms (westside), there could be more attention to the landscaping (weeds, grass in the shrubs, etc.). Minor point, but Black Oak Inn did a much better job.

Third: The rooms. The most important aspect. So nice! The AC unit was amazing. A nice feeling on a HOT July day. Nice beds! I liked the mattress and the down pillow, but not as comfortable as the Black Oak. Nice appointances in the room; bed comforter and linens; furniture. Very clean shower, toilet and floors!!! Thanks!!! Also, thanks to Dos Rios for a great internet connection!

Price: First, I called them to find out the rates for a basic 2 double-bed room. $104 normal or $94 for AAA. HIGH TAXES!!! Almost $20!!! You might want to do what I did: Check a website I'll refer to as HW. $80 rate!!! Same room. Now this brings me to one slight complaint: After I booked on that site, I called Dos Rios again to request a 2-bed room rather than one queen (I was traveling with a buddy). The lady told me that I had already booked and that I couldn't change the booking. When I mentioned to that the site didn't give options for room configuration and that they specifically recommended I call the hotel directly to request a bed choice, she somewhat reluctantly gave in and reserved what I needed. Hmmm... But, she was plenty friendly and helpful when we arrived and checked in an hour later (4 pm). She helped us with restaurant choices. By the way, Lum's BBQ was outstanding!!! Thanks for the word!

Lastly: The breakfast. For what it was it was all right. A free breakfast bar. What can one really expect of such? The eggs looked watery and unappealing. The pre-made "omelets" looked better. Plenty of good choices and a nice layout. Juices including Cranberry! A Texas-shaped waffle iron? Like I often say about Texas, "Only in Texas"! I've never seen a waffle iron shape other than round before this. I was so amused that I took a photo of it and posted it on my Facebook. LOL!!!

I have a renewed faith and opinion in BW Plus's now. Three good to great experiences this summer! Nice job, Best Western!!! You'll be seeing more of me!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends