“Sausage and Potato Salad are among the best in the State”
Review of Lum's

Lum's
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Junction
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the heart of the hill country, Lum's serves up vintage Texas smoked BBQ along with sinister sides and carefully prepared deserts. Our approach to barbecue is simple: lots of time and lots of wood. Our meat is dry rubbed with a select few spices and then slow cooked over mesquite wood. Lum's was co-founded in 1976 by father and son, Louis and Richard Lumbley. We strive to provide a comfortable and friendly dining experience executed with exquisite small town hospitality.
“Sausage and Potato Salad are among the best in the State”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I travel all over the State of Texas for work and I went to Lum's today in Junction. I was really hungry so I got the 2 meat plate. I chose sliced briskit and jalapeno sausage... with potato salad and cuccumber salad. If your familiar with Texas BBQ, who've certainly heard of Black's in Lockhart... they are world famous for their sausage. Well, after today, I'd put Lum's jalapeno sausage right up next to Black's.... its amazing.

And their potato salad is delicious as well...

I finished my meal with the chocolate pie and it was very good too.

I'm glad I stopped by and I will definitely make Lum's a regular stop when I go to Junction..... every time!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank BeauArmstrong

Annandale, Virginia
“good BBQ flavor”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everyone in our group seemed to like this. The bread for the sandwhich falls apart quickly. Authentic down home place that also sells gas but there is ample seating inside.

Visited August 2012
tulsa, ok
“Best BBQ in Texas or anywhere!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

First I tell you about a comparison I did with this place and the one next to interstate 10 (cooper?) .
It was a head to head sliced brisket sandwich.

Lum's was generous, moist, juicy with the flavor of mesquite not overpowering the taste of the brisket, superb.

Coopers was uneven and at even tough in some cuts, not very moist and tasted almost like a Burger King grilled hamburger. Not what I would expect.

Lum's smoked sausage is also superb. They're sides are very nice too.

If I'm going through Junction i make sure that I'm hungry because I'm stopping at LUM's

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank traveling_phil_9
Eldorado, Texas
“Great Texas BBQ!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had the chopped brisket plate and my wife had the pork ribbs plate. Portions were generous and food was delicious. We left Lum's full, satisfied and agreeing It is the best we've had. The workers were very polite and outgoing. Great experience!

Visited August 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
“Quaint but cool”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

There were several pickup trucks outside, so I figure it's a locals spot. Perfect clue!

So, you walk in to the "counter" and order your food from the display case. I opted for the brisket and jalapeño sausage. Both were excellent. Also got mac salad and beans; both excellent. Try some hot sauce in the mac salad; kicks it up a notch or three. Some of the best sweet tea I've had. It looked weak, but it was very good!

This is one of the most unpretentious restaurants ever. The restaurant supplies were in the back of the room on metal shelves in plain view of everyone. Kinda cool for a change. Picnic table style dining. NO table service. No need for it.

You pay as you leave, telling them what you had. Really neat touch.

I'm not a Texas BBQ expert, but it was good food!

I would've given it 5 stars, but I had indigestion in the middle of the night. Let me just say that it's better going down that it is... Well you get the idea.

• Visited July 2012