Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: On Hwy 83 near the junciton of I-10
Description: On Hwy 83 near the junciton of I-10
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve been to this Coopers many times in the past. I’ve been to other Coopers and misc bbq joints around Texas, and the thick cut pork chop is my “go to” cut. Today, this chop was more fat than meat. The little bit of meat on the bone was over cooked. If this would have been my first time, I would never come back. Heck, after today.....I may not be back anyway!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (266)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Had lunch today, 2 meat plate with chicken and sausage, and my daughter had brisket and ribs. This was the worst bbq meal I’ve ever had. The meat was all over cooked and dry, no sides except the standard pinto beans, and pre-fab cole slaw and potato salad. These two plates and two small fountain drinks came to a whopping $42. The house bbq sauce was just water with a few tomato flecks in it. It literally looked like the water they used to rinse out the pot. I would have been happier with the McDonalds or convenience store burrito I could gotten across the street.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

I ordered a combo plate with brisket and sausage. The brisket was very very dry and way overcooked. The sausage was mediocre at best. The sides of pintos and potato salad where bland with no flavor. Loaf bread was laid out for customers to reach into bag with God knows what on there hands. The final nail in the coffin was that my combo plate with a drink was almost $22.00! The portion sizes are very small also. Do yourself a favor go somewhere else. This place is terrible.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Truck stop next door so was able to park RV and walk to restaurant. It was ok but I've had better and it was pretty expensive.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

This place certainly has a prime location. Just off the exit and the interstate, but that’s about it. Ordered the brisket plate for $15.99 and this is what I got. With tax nearly $17. I asked if they had a military discount and they gave me a small drink cup. I know BBQ is the in thing right now, but their prices and portions are literally highway robbery!

Date of visit: December 2019