“This place is a Gem!”
Review of Parrains Louisiana Kitchen - CLOSED

Parrains Louisiana Kitchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Description: We serve classic Louisiana cuisine from scratch using family recipes. We also serve modern cajun fusion like our fried oyster cajun nachos. Our chefs create off menu gourmet specials every week. We have boiled crawfish every weekend as well. We have indoor and outdoor seating as well as a friendly bar with a great selection of beer and wine. The atmosphere is casual, modern, and elegant.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Fantastic boudin balls and crab/oyster fondue! Anything fried comes out light, never over battered and always tastes fresh.

Sample the daily specials - they always deliver something fresh, askew and unexpected.

Beer selection is anchored by plenty of Abita microbrews in bottles and the wines seemed affordable.

Atmosphere is casual and basic, so the food takes center stage. Dont get in a hurry here and respect the time required for preparation - its worth it.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is right in Jonestown off 1431. We absolutely love the shrimp po' boys!! They are huge!!!! Tons of fried shrimp and tasty! They usually only have seafood gumbo on Fri and Saturday nights. Its very good. The sausage/chicken gumbo is decent too. The boudin balls are an absoulte must along with the crawfish cake whose sauce I would love to steal the recipe for! The wine selection is a tad expensive but ok, beer selection decent. Food prices are good. Service is somewhat slow, but not horrible. Very casual dining establishment!

1  Thank txidaho88
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Cool little spot with bar in the middle of town, but easy to miss, so don't blink:). Excellent service and food was almost perfect. Wine list was a bit pricey for my taste, but the owner allowed me a decent sized tasting before I chose and it was indeed very good. We had the Crasian Chicken wings, which were so good, we bought another dozen to take home for later. The cornbread was sweet, with a pinch of pepper (jalapeno or chilies, not sure) - some of the best I've ever had. My crawfish etoufee' was pretty good, but a little to much rice and not much flavor in my opinion. My honey had the duck gumbo, which was fantastic! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

We just found this place and loved it. I went to college in New Orleans and am a pretty good judge of Cajun food. We had the seafood gumbo and the best cornbread. They also have a very reasonable wine list. We have a vacation home in the area and were in desperate need of some good food. Thank you Parrains!