Inn of Jefferson
  • Restaurant
Texas Inn(Marshall)
Travel Inn(Marshall)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I brought our kids to experience historic Jefferson last August. A few months before my husband and I had a wonderful stay at a bed and breakfast in town. However, with the addition of three children, the cost was more than we wanted to pay. This was the only place in town with reasonable rates. We quickly regretted choosing this place. There was mold in the bathroom, the carpet was gross, the bedding didn't appear to be clean. I don't think they clean the rooms between patrons. We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: View your room before paying.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank alacey399
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We have been staying here for at least nine years and we have seen management change hands several times. If we are only saying obe night, it is tolerable, but we both prefer to stay at one of the bed and breakfast inns closer in town. Be prepared to hear trains all night long! And, car noises and truck horns and highway noises, too! Our room this last stay was clean, except there were stains in the bathtub that really grossed me out! You might request a room in the back part of the hotel...we have usually stayed in the back, where there is generally just a little less noise. We slept in and missed breakfast by about five minutes and we were told that everything was put away already...five minutes...you would think they would be just a little more helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room in the back, off the street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ViktoriaSacker
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Thought we would save some time & stay in Jefferson for a Thanksgiving visit! Wrong decision-wrong place to stay!

We will never come back for another dose of this one!

We discovered mold in the room; dirty cabinets & tables in the "Continental Dining" area; food freshly purchased from the days old rack at a local grocery store; TV's that wouldn't operate with a remote. (It took them 24 hours & numerous calls to the desk & personal visits to the desk to get a TV working with a remote!)

The service at the desk from the "Owners" was argumentative, inattentive to the customer's needs & in general, no where near one half of one star rated!

Do yourself a favor & don't choose this one - - - no matter how cheap you travel. Money wasn't an object for us - - we just wanted a clean, guest friendly place to stay 4 nights in Jefferson, Texas. We checked out early & went to a hotel in Marshall for decent service & "received as advertised" lodging amenities.

I wish I had used a booking service on this one! Hopefully, the bad press I've now found on this place would have saved us the lodging nightmare.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go someplace else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank jim d
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I know I have seen a lot of bad reviews on this hotel. But you get what you pay for. I found the rooms spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. I saw a lot of things that could be repaired. But it's an old hotel and if you want to save money I suggest this place

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Dorachevalier
Reviewed March 21, 2011

If we had viewed room beforehand - there is no way we would have stayed. However, contract states - "no refund after check-in". Carpet with ripples, sink with enamel cracked/stained, room needed paint and refurbishing. First thing we wanted to do was turn down sheets to inspect - which we did (no problems there). Family with "screaming children" checked in about 10:00 p.m and screamed till 11:30. Motel was disappointment of trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple