“Our favorite B&B!”

Ranked #5 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Cypress, Texas
“Our favorite B&B!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Recently we spent a couple of nights at the Benefield House B&B in Jefferson, Texas. This was our third stay there and I think it is getting even better. Donna is a wonderful host and also a great cook. Her breakfasts are beautiful, creative and delicious. We always get the Cardinal suite mainly because it is downstairs and has an adjourning sitting room. Donna has rearranged the Cardinal bedroom and it is even more comfortable. The bed is great, and Donna pays a lot of attention to things like bed linens, pillows and towels. The house is beautiful yet homey and comfortable. All rooms are equipped with period appropriate furniture and decorative objects. My wife and I are originally from the general area and we have been going to Jefferson all our lives but we still enjoy it! It is a great old town. B&Bs are our preferred places to stay while we travel and the Benefield House in Jefferson, TX is simply the best B&B we have ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I must say, the Benefield House is beautiful and welcoming! I really felt like I was at Momma's house. From the complimentary homemade baked cookies, to the kind hospitality from the host, these are the types of quintessential elements I seek while selecting a high quality B&B!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DonnaLang, Owner at Benefield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the B&B, it really means a lot, as does the fact that you enjoyed yourself here! Thank you again, and I do hope to see you again!
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked the Hummingbird room at the Benefield house for my wife and I to celebrate our fourth anniversary. The pictures made it look cozy and comfortable. Let me tell you the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.
The room was spotless. Everything about the house was spotless. And the decorations were beautiful. The bed was comfortable and I awoke well rested both mornings.
Then there was breakfast. Donna is a fantastic chef. The breakfasts were presented beautifully and served in courses. The first course was a small appetizer size. Both mornings it was yogurt and fruit. The second course was different both mornings. Both were fantastic. And sharing the meal with the other guests was really fun. We made some good friends.
We stay at Bed & Breakfasts often. We love the atmosphere but the Benefield House is by far the bast B&B we've ever stayed at. We will be back often.

Room Tip: There is one room on the main floor. We were not able to see that room as there were other guests i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scsvii
Belton, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

donna is an excellent hostess, and a fantastic cook. The house is beautiful and very comfortable. I'm looking forward to visiting again. The common areas are superbly appointed with time period antiques, even an organ from the late 1800s.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Liberty, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent accomodations, excellent breakfast, and most of all excellent hostess. We stay at the Benefield House at least once a year and sometimes more. The Benefield House remains at the top of our favorite intimate B&Bs for all the above reasons.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My stay in Benefield House was the icing on the cake after spending the day visiting Jefferson's antique shops. The house is beautifully decorated. Full attention is given to every detail. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after a peaceful evening spent in a well appointed suite. You will not want for anything.

Room Tip: There are three suites to choose from. One suite is downstairs for those who would rather not negot...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Garland, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Staying here was just about the best experience of my life. A beautiful place inside and out, just like our hostess Donna! It was actually my first B&B and it was way beyond what I thought it would be. It was beautiully decorated and extremely well maintained with everything you can think of to make your stay a memorable one. The breakfast was amazing as well. When we left I felt like I was leaving family! I highly recommend the Benefield House and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had the room decorated with roses, I think it was the Bluebird Room, upstairs. It was breathtaki...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#11 of 28 in Jefferson

Been to Benefield House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!