“best resturant in Jefferson”

Lamache's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I ate here when I stayed at the hotel. Our waitress, Marcey?, was amazing she was very funny and answered all of our questions. We ordered a special they had on a board with lobster. It was amazing. It was a little slow but I don't understand why. Everything about it was great. At one point the owner came and talked to us. He was a very nice gentleman. I will be going back.

3  Thank Libby451
There are newer reviews for Lamache's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

What can we say about this place. We walked in on a saturday night on the last weekend of the candlelight tour of homes a huge event for the town and we were told it would be 10-15 minutes.45 later we were told it could be another 30 minutes. Well logical people would have left. I asked nicely and we were escorted to our table. Here we find out what the issue is. On a busy night such as this they had 2,TWO!!!!! servers only! Well here i must say the hostess and the 2 servers did a great job! They were hustling! BUT THE MANAGEMENT should have know better. We ordered sausage & peppers with pasta & the special Lamache pasta with old world sauce. The pasta on both dishes was awful and doughy. Must figure out what is wrong in your cooking method!
Again our server was awesome she took care of our problem. So they got great servers! At some point the hotel receptionist was called in to help clean the tables!
Very disappointed in our meal ,but kudos to the servers working there.

It is a shame to have great servers who struggle due to bad planning and poor food

Alicia M, Manager at Lamache's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I want to reassure you that as management we do know better, as you stated it was candle light weekend and yes we were understaff, due to several staff members out due to stomach flu. However, our staff is well trained in team work and we pull together to cover the best way we can. Thank you for the compliment on my great staff! I'm sorry your pasta was not cook right, please give us another try.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The wait staff is friendly and the food is tasty. It's all in a nice, quiet location in downtown Jefferson. The lasagna is the best!

Thank you for your comment! Our Lasagna is an award winner! Please come back to see us next time you come.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

No hostess at the front. I had to actually walk into the restaurant and catch the eye of the hostess who was way in the back. That was just the beginning...Very slow service, even when it came to getting the check! I did something I've never done before, and I left NO tip, the service was so bad. And the food? The best thing I ate was the house salad. It was fresh and good. The rest was tasteless and disappointing. Even the garlic bread! I can make better garlic bread at home. It was a horrible experience, but I tried not to let it ruin my otherwise lovely weekend.

1  Thank Ginny L

I'm sorry that you had such a horrible experience. Please contact us and let us know the exact date of your visit so that I may review the night activities to see where we might can improve. I wish you would also give us another try!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always make this our Staurday night dinner stop when spending the weekedn in jefferson texas. Wait staff is always fun.

1  Thank TexasStinger

Thank you for your continued Support!

Been to Lamache's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!