“Tasty Yum!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
McKinney, Texas
“Tasty Yum!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

If you want waiters with white napkins draped over their arms this is NOT the place for you. If you want cooked-to-order, delicious food give them a try. Very friendly. Fish tacos were wonderful. Also loved the CBGB Fries. Generous portions. We will be back.

1 Thank Wayne H

Dallas, Texas
“Very good--real food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This is real food cooked to order and very tasty! My group ordered one of the salads, the chicken strips, and the chicken salad...potato wedges too! All of it was good. Recommended!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank SuziQinTexas
Bossier City, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just like grandma used to make”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The food here is amazing!! The food definitely has the rich flavor of a home cooked meal, that a majority of restaurants fail to capture. They have truly captured the aesthetic of an vintage cafe in the decor. If you are traveling through the area or live nearby, I would highly recommend you make it a point to stop in. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Aper77
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Taking You Back In Time”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have looked forward to this review since I first entered the establishment. First the “building” is a converted 25 cent car wash. There are many remnants of the car wash still in place, including one of the coin mechanisms on the side and the brick outlines of the bays are still evident. The outside is most interesting and most difficult to describe. I would think though that the rusted metal roofing is a major part of the outside as well as inside for this restaurant. If you are expecting a white cloth table once you enter, just keep dreaming, as this is something you thought you would only see on television. The inside can best be described as “unique”. There are paper cups siting around, to go boxes above you, pasteboard Coke and other drinks dispensing boxes stacked in the corner, pictures on the wall that appear to have come from a Warhol painting and tables and chairs that contains the cuttings and markings of many former guest.

It appears a lot of the paneling or roofing sheet metal, is held together, or at least joined by a lot of spray foam that actually does keep the wind and cold out and I did notice right over my head was a window air-conditioner. Does it work? I assume it does. The dining area has about six tables seating for four each and the kitchen is closed off from the rest of the restaurant by a door that has an open section at the top. In the right seat you can see inside the kitchen and observe the preparation of the food.

The menu is rather easy to understand. Not a lot of French words , Italian words, just plain English. We ordered a cheeseburger because one reviewer wrote it was the best chees burger he had even eaten. After eating the cheeseburger I could not say it was the best in the world however it was certainly good. Also ordered the chicken tenders. Did this after overhearing the waiter tell a customer they had no more chicken breast until they cooked up some. Since we did not want to wait for that cooking we opted for the chicken breast which were ready to cook. The breading was excellent, the chicken tender and very hot. The steak cut French fries served with each meal were coated with the same batter that the chicken strips had. They were excellent.

Need a refill on your 32 ounce drinks. Take the cup to the window and wait until either the waiter or cook knows you are there and they will get you a refill (at no charge). Be patient!

I paid my check with cash after seeing what took place with the customer before me as she tried to use a credit card. The waiter (may have been the owner) told her the credit card machine was not working. She apparently had no cash so she was told to come back later and pay. WOW! Since I did not see Visa or Master Card decals all over the front door glass I just assumed it was a cash only business so I was prepared.

This was one of the most interesting lunches I have ever had. I just cannot give this place any other rating than 5 stars. I know, I am crazy however the food and service were both excellent and the building---well that I probably will not see one like that for a long, long time. By the way, never did find a rest room.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank texaswillie
“Lunch ”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Chad was very nice. We were on our way to a baseball tournament. Good food, super fast service. The burger was delicious, waffles were too! Loved Mr. Chad. Wish we had more time to enjoy the food, we had to grab it fast. We will go back!

2 Thank liramsey