“Smokey”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Texas
“Smokey”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Food was excellent. I got the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and fried okra. I ordered a dinner salad to start with but it didn't come until the main dishes arrived, which was a little disappointing. Also since it's a bar people were allowed to smoke anywhere, so there was a man smoking right next to us and it was bothersome.

Colleyville, Texas
“Food was great but the atmosphere was smokey”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I guess I should have known when I walked in and saw the big bar at the front it would be a bar. I'm not used to that from the Dallas area. Most places that serve food are non-smoking. The food was great. Fun stuff to look at on the walls. If I visited I might go there for lunch again.

Longview, Texas
“I keep coming back.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Auntie Skinner's has a lot of good memories for me. I don't usually go to restaurants where smoking is prevalent but I have learned if you pick your time, it's not so bad. Not only that, the staff is courteous and efficient and the kitchen produces some great food.

The chef will be inventive if you have a reasonable request. The last couple of time I ask for their jalapeno pimiento cheese samich grilled with a strip of crispy bacon. It is great! Try it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank tomthbomb
Denton, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We ordered chicken fingers and chicken fried steak. Both dinners were greasy and tasted burnt from the oil being to hot.

Jefferson, Texas
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Skinner's has a great rollicking atmosphere. Friday or Saturday you see whole families eating and enjoying. live music and very friendly people. Try the Muffaleta. Best out side or New Orleans

• Visited May 2014

Been to Auntie Skinner's Riverboat Club? Share your experiences!