“Great ribs!”

Riverport Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 11, 2014

When I was told that this BBQ restaurant was the best in Jefferson TX, I was thinking "well, it may be good for Jefferson, but I doubt it will impress me, since I've had the best BBQ all over Texas". How wrong I was. They cook some of the best ribs I've ever had. They close at 6, so get there early. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The restaurant is a throwback to the old BBQ spots. Wood plank floors and walls lined with old memorabilia provides a nice dining ambiance. The food is great and reasonably priced. They have a Swamp Fries specialty that has to be tried at least once. Fresh warmed BBQ sauce replaced on tables every 30 minutes.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had the smoked turkey which was recommended by a local customer. It was so delicious and was a generous amount. I was passing out slices to my family as I couldn't eat it all. I loved the sauce although I didn't need it. The pinto beans were the best I have ever eaten and the slaw was perfectly prepared. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming to all guest. This is a very kid friendly restaurant. I live in Nashville but if l am ever in Jefferson again I will be back.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Moist, tender and delicious brisket. Melts in your mouth. Good bark and a small layer of fat. Perfect Texas brisket. Smoke, meat, salt, pepper. Enough said. Does not need sauce but the sauce is delicious and served on the table in bottles. Traveler tip: Get there early. When they run out of meat they close. At 1:30 on Sunday they were out of sausage, ribs and turkey. Okay by me because I am a brisket aficionado. They were slammed when we got there so we had to buss our own table to have a place to sit...the only blemish on this visit. Worth the drive.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Being from the deep south I usually associate good barbeque with meat from a pig.
But being in Texas I gave a brisket sandwich a try and definitely was not disappointed!
The meat was tender and juicy without falling apart-a combination I have trouble getting when I do brisket.
The portions are large and the price reasonable.
My wife and I also enjoyed the sides of beans and sweet potato fries.
I highly recommend this place.