“Really good brisket”

Riverport Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Being from the deep south I usually associate good barbeque with meat from a pig.
But being in Texas I gave a brisket sandwich a try and definitely was not disappointed!
The meat was tender and juicy without falling apart-a combination I have trouble getting when I do brisket.
The portions are large and the price reasonable.
My wife and I also enjoyed the sides of beans and sweet potato fries.
I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here to eat and were very pleased. Brisket so lean and tender it falls apart, and great potato salad. Recommended

Reviewed April 26, 2014

No frills, but the brisket sandwiches were quite tasty. Very tender with a nice smoky flavor. The swamp fries looked interesting, but we'll save those for another trip. My wife liked her sweet potato fries, but the potato salas was average. The BBQ was definitely the star of the show.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a follow-up to my 1-30-2014 review: I had a glowing review then, and this is a supporting addition. Once again, there were 5 of us and we were able to grab a table before the noon rush when up to 8 stood in line at the order counter. There are very friendly people working at Riverport and it rubs off on the hungry clientele. It is far from fancy, but it is clean and smells GREAT! All 5 of us ordered a Sandwich Basket at $7.25 each: 2 chopped brisket, 2 pulled-pork, and I could not pass up the sliced brisket again. Each basket comes with a "side".... the BBQ beans are filled with beef bits and the potato salad is super. I am trying to plan a return before summer ends. I highly recommend Riverport Barbeque and Jefferson, Texas in general.... makes me want to be a Texan!

1  Thank JSS3
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Quality and quantity of food were top notch. Not to spicy but then again a option should have been made available. Clean establishment(,because of a recent remodel). Need's a better choice of desserts and FRESH peanuts.