“Solid barbecue”

Cuisines: Barbecue
McKinney, Texas
“Solid barbecue”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was good, but the restaurant gets a little crowded for Sunday lunch. The brisket was very tender and quite good. Just very good barbecue!

Visited June 2013

“Great BBQ”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The sliced brisket sandwich was very tender and had just the right amount of smoke. The sides were light but good. The menu has something for everyone. If you go make it early or a little late to get a seat.

Visited January 2013
Texas
“Good food, great service!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We walked in the door about 6:30 pm on a Wednesday. A young woman said they had just closed, but Kitchen Manager Wesley said no, he would take care of us, and he certainly did. My husband wanted ribs , but there wasn't a full order , so Wesley filled his plate out with sliced brisket. I got the last order of sausage, and our daughter got brisket. The brisket was trimmed, tender and tasty. The ribs were fall off the bone tender, and my sausage was tasty without being too spicy. Barbecue sauce was good , tangy and not too sweet. Potato salad was the best restaurant quality that I've eaten, not as good as my homemade but very good! Atmosphere is typical barbecue joint with some cute decorations thrown in. Overall, food was good but Wesley was great!!!

Kissimmee, Florida
“A great BBQ place in a cute town!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've been eating at Riverport in Jefferson, TX for years! I love the pulled pork sandwich & my husband always gets something different. The ribs are great and there's a variety of sides to choose from. They even have sweet potato fries! The prices are really good. You can get a plate that has your meat or sandwich & 2 sides. I recommend the baked beans. Check the board for the daily special. I always use the sweet sauce. My husband alternated between that & the spicy. The bottles of sauces are on the tables. We were so happy they rebuilt & opened back up after the fire. We come here for lunch every time we come back to Texas.

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Go immediately!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the best BBQ ever. It is such a gem for Jefferson. Try anything and everything. I'm glad that after the fire they're back stronger than ever. I highly recommend them.

1 Thank TENN_Beach_Bum

Been to Riverport Barbeque? Share your experiences!