“Hit or Miss Service”

Riverport Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Food is good, prices are great, but service is hit or miss. Each time I go, the front counter taking orders always seems understaffed. They always have a line of people waiting to order on one register, instead of opening both registers to take orders more quickly .Went there last week for dinner and several people just turned around and walked out because the woman working the register was clearly frustrated and overwelmed.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have found the best BBQ in all of east Texas, right in the heart of downtown Jefferson! The letters O-M-G kept running through my head as I was taking in every savory bite. The chopped beef samich: yum, yum, yum. Tender, moist, and not even the slightest bit greasy. The fries and the slaw were equally magnificent.

My jaw dropped when I found out the price for a sandwich and two sides was a little over $8.00. Unbelievable!!

I came on the worst day possible - Mardi Gras. The place was packed and it was hard to find a seat but it took less than 5 minutes to order and receive my food.

I will be back and I will be bringing two more barbeque fanatics along with me.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We often eat here, the food is great and the newly updated restaurant is fun and filled with local photos.
Try the smoked turkey next time you're in town, it is very yummy.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was planning a small event and tried 3 different times to call them and make a reservation for a weeknight dinner for a large party and no one ever answered the line. Most of the people that go to Jefferson are from out of town and want no hassle when planning a trip and to not have correct info online or whatever the problem was is truly a hassle.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This is good if you like good plain BBQ. It's not the best but certainly isn't near the worst. You'll leave full and happy.