“If you don't mind slow and poor service, wrong orders, this is the place for you.”
Review of Hamburger Store

Hamburger Store
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Under new owners! It has been completely remodeled and reopened. Come in and see for yourself and give us a try!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to Jefferson, TX today to the quilt show. We stopped to eat at the Hamburger Store there. They were not that busy, but it took 10 minutes for the waitress to acknowledge us. After we waited and waited for her to bring our food back, she came back to the table and said she had lost our ticket. We had been there about an hour by then. She told us that she would give us a 15% discount. She finally brought the order and it was WRONG. The order of fries was not included and the burgers were not fixed as specified. She never returned to the table to check if we needed drinks or even to bring the ticket. I finally got up and went to the front and asked to speak to the manager. I spoke with one young woman who said she was the manager and I told them they needed to "comp" this meal. She said it was the cook's fault that the order was wrong. I pointed out that it was not our fault. Finally a woman with a general manager name tag on came out to talk with me and offered us a 50% discount. Had the order had come to the table correctly, I would have been OK with that. They finally told us they wouldn't charge us for the meal. At the same time we were there other customers told us that they would not return because of poor service or incomplete orders.

• Visited January 2014

Dallas
“will not recommend”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

In the past I only have written reviews if the experience was good. Unfortunately our expreriences have declined to the point I feel I should comment and will not go back.
1st Experience-December: Food was expensive yet good . 2 burgers, shared fries, 1 drink nearly $30.00 without tip. It was a Saturday late afternoon and we waited 40 minutes for our food. Maybe a dzozen total people at the tables and we were all talking amongst ourslevbes about how unreasonbaly long it was taking. One couple had been there nearly an hour waiting.,Burgers and fries do not talke 30 minutes to an hour to make and serve.
2nd Experience-December : Food was not as good-we waited 30 -40 minutes . It was a Friday afternoon- maybe 4 tables of 2-4 people people at them.
3rd Experience :January - Sunday afternoon : Decided to give them another try and truly only because Auntie Skinners & Coryard were full- We waited 50 minutes! There were only 8 other people in the restaraunt . After waiting nearly an hour our food came out cold. We commented and the response was that it had been under a heat lamp for a while ( I have no idea why it was even under a heat lamp - the last person to be served was by another waitress and 10 minutes prior.) The server comment was that the heat lamp should have kept the meals warm.
I am generally very understanding yet this is unaceptable by all standards.
We will not go back and on the other customers comments neither will they. Sadly unless this place gets a handle on service time and cost they will not be able to survive.

1 Thank ddw1988
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Don't Miss This Restaurant!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Truly a great tasting and large sized hamburger. Service and menu selections were top rated. However, the "Gem" at the Hamburger Store is without a doubt their bowl of Chili !! Without a doubt, the best "red" we have had in 35-40 years--maybe ever! Seriously, do not visit here without trying this wonderful meal. Quality, Service, bargain prices, etc...it is all here.

Visited December 2013
Leesville, Louisiana
“Best hamburger ever!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was the best hamburger I have ever had. It was huge and it was just a 1/2 lb. They offer a bigger one. It is nicely decorated place. The onion rings were great. They were hand battered and golden brown. It was fast food service since it is not fast food but it was worth the small wait. For dessert the pie is a must. I had the grasshopper fudge pie. It was the best pie I have ever had! I cant wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013
Alicia M, Manager at Hamburger Store, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate it greatly. Please come back during our pie happy hour!

Thanks Again,
Holly Trabucco
Manager
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Me and my husband's gift to each other this year was visiting Jefferson and staying in a B&B. We stopped in to the Hamburger Store to get a quick bite before we finished our evening. I told the waitress that we just needed a quick bite and were scheduled for the Christmas train at 8pm. We got there at 7pm and at 7:45pm still no sign of our food...and no one elses food in the cafe either. I told them to box it up because we had the Christmas train scheduled for 8pm! At 7:55pm finally paid for our food and left. Almost missing our train. We ordered a mushroom swiss hamburger, cup of potato soup and a chef salad. We had coke and tea to drink.... the bill was $38! We could have eaten somewhere nice for that price and gotten a whole lot better service. We were very disappointed. We ate the food about 20min later; it was still warm and tasted ok. The salad was just bagged salad, the soup was ok and the hamburger was ok. To top it off we both were sick 2 days after eating it. I don't know if cross contamination was involved or what. We won't ever be eating there again.

• Visited December 2013
Alicia M, Manager at Hamburger Store, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your useful review. I read all criticism and suggestions to make the experience better for you as customers. Unfortunately, we are not a fast food restaurant. Let me explain your wait: Our patties are never frozen, and they are made to order. The hamburger patty is put on to cook the minute the order is put in. It takes an average of 12-15 minutes to cook a patty to well done. Then the time to build the burger. We want to offer the freshest and best quality to our customers. If you came in on a Saturday, I will be the first to tell you that this is when our service is the slowest because of the volume of people we get. Most of the time they are big tables of 10 people or more. Which takes more time to prepare. There was also one Saturday, which I am sure was the day that you visited us, that we ran out of practically everything. We are working on predictability and timing in the kitchen to better serve our customers. I am sorry your experience was not a good one. We are striving to better all aspects of our restaurant. Also I take pride in knowing that our kitchen runs clean and contamination free. We have extensive programs as well as a manager on staff at all times to oversee.

Please come back and give us another try. Maybe on a less hectic day. =)

God Bless and Thank you,
Holly Trabucco
Manager

Been to Hamburger Store? Share your experiences!