“Best hamburger ever!”

Hamburger Store
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Description: Under new owners! It has been completely remodeled and reopened. Come in and see for yourself and give us a try!
Leesville, Louisiana
“Best hamburger ever!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was the best hamburger I have ever had. It was huge and it was just a 1/2 lb. They offer a bigger one. It is nicely decorated place. The onion rings were great. They were hand battered and golden brown. It was fast food service since it is not fast food but it was worth the small wait. For dessert the pie is a must. I had the grasshopper fudge pie. It was the best pie I have ever had! I cant wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013
Alicia M, Manager at Hamburger Store, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate it greatly. Please come back during our pie happy hour!

Thanks Again,

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Me and my husband's gift to each other this year was visiting Jefferson and staying in a B&B. We stopped in to the Hamburger Store to get a quick bite before we finished our evening. I told the waitress that we just needed a quick bite and were scheduled for the Christmas train at 8pm. We got there at 7pm and at 7:45pm still no sign of our food...and no one elses food in the cafe either. I told them to box it up because we had the Christmas train scheduled for 8pm! At 7:55pm finally paid for our food and left. Almost missing our train. We ordered a mushroom swiss hamburger, cup of potato soup and a chef salad. We had coke and tea to drink.... the bill was $38! We could have eaten somewhere nice for that price and gotten a whole lot better service. We were very disappointed. We ate the food about 20min later; it was still warm and tasted ok. The salad was just bagged salad, the soup was ok and the hamburger was ok. To top it off we both were sick 2 days after eating it. I don't know if cross contamination was involved or what. We won't ever be eating there again.

• Visited December 2013
Alicia M, Manager at Hamburger Store, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your useful review. I read all criticism and suggestions to make the experience better for you as customers. Unfortunately, we are not a fast food restaurant. Let me explain your wait: Our patties are never frozen, and they are made to order. The hamburger patty is put on to cook the minute the order is put in. It takes an average of 12-15 minutes to cook a patty to well done. Then the time to build the burger. We want to offer the freshest and best quality to our customers. If you came in on a Saturday, I will be the first to tell you that this is when our service is the slowest because of the volume of people we get. Most of the time they are big tables of 10 people or more. Which takes more time to prepare. There was also one Saturday, which I am sure was the day that you visited us, that we ran out of practically everything. We are working on predictability and timing in the kitchen to better serve our customers. I am sorry your experience was not a good one. We are striving to better all aspects of our restaurant. Also I take pride in knowing that our kitchen runs clean and contamination free. We have extensive programs as well as a manager on staff at all times to oversee.

Please come back and give us another try. Maybe on a less hectic day. =)

God Bless and Thank you,
Waskom, Texas
“You may snore at the Hamburger Store...”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

...while you're waiting for your food!

The wait staff isn't the most attentive. It took them 10 minutes to realize we were waiting. That was followed by a 30-minute wait for our food. The waitress apologized, but they didn't do anything about when it on the bill.

The burgers are great, and their hand-cut fries and onion rings were tasty.

The price was pretty high when you consider where you are and how long you have to wait.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for your useful review. I accept all criticism and suggestions to make our restaurant better for our customers. I am sorry your experience with our service was not up to par. Let me explain your wait: we don't precook our patties and they are never frozen. Everything is made to order when the order is put in. It takes a total of 12-15 minutes to cook the hamburger to well done. Then the cook has to build the burger and hand bread the onion rings. We want to offer the freshest and best quality to our customers. Unfortunately, we are not a fast food restaurant. And I realize this does not explain or excuse the wait of waitress' attention. That will be addressed immediately by me. Please come back and give us another try.

Houston
“Nice place to eat lunch”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a nice little place to grab a decent, quick lunch. The interior is interestingly decorated and the service is great. The menu has many choices. The food was very good, however, we felt it was a bit overpriced. I had one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches EVER. Hubby had one of their signature hamburgers...nothing exceptional, but good. We didn't opt for their homemade pie but it sure looked good.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate it. I am so glad your experience with us was a pleasant one. Hopefully next time ya'll come to visit us we will wow you with a great hamburger. We are in the process of changing our menu prices. Please come back during pie happy hour and get your pie, appetizers and drinks $1.00 off Monday - Friday.

Thanks again,
Jefferson, Texas
“Awesome food and service.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The burgers are huge and really great. Service is wonderful. I would eat there all the time if I could. Definitely would recomend this place to anyone who wants good food and good service.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Hamburger Store? Share your experiences!