“Awesome food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hamburger Store

Hamburger Store
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Under new owners! It has been completely remodeled and reopened. Come in and see for yourself and give us a try!
Jefferson, Texas
“Awesome food and service.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The burgers are huge and really great. Service is wonderful. I would eat there all the time if I could. Definitely would recomend this place to anyone who wants good food and good service.

• Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Terrible quality, terrible prices!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My mother and I were the first visitors on a Sunday. The staff were very friendly. The burgers were awful. It was painfully obvious that these were previously frozen beef patties from a food service supplier, and they didn't taste very good. They have a "portabello burger" on the menu as a vegetarian option (not vegetarian, but thought I would give it a try), and the staff had no idea that was indeed a mushroom. There was a long conversation in the kitchen about what that was when I ordered it from the menu. All it was was the mushroom and a slice of cheese with some mayonnaise. GROSS. The prices were the worst part. For my mother and I to each get a burger, SHARE a small portion of fries, and have one (very tiny) piece of pie was $28! Not one bit worth it. The pie is very good homemade pie, but I was charged $3.99 for the smallest piece of pie I have ever seen! I would not recommend this place. If you are looking for a good burger, go to Auntie Skinners.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mia B
Alicia M, Manager at Hamburger Store, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank You for your useful review. I apologize that your experience with us was not a good one. I just wanted to write a quick note to reassure you that our patties are never frozen. They are 100% pure Angus beef. And we special order them from a market here in Texas. Please email me at hamburgerstore@att.net with specifics of what did not taste good. I would like to fix all problems to better serve my customers. As for the Portabella Burger I apologize for my staffs obliviousness. I will insure that my staff is better educated in the future. Thank you for complementing our pies. Sometimes the portions are different sizes being that we hand slice them. Which I understand does not excuse what you were served. We have pie happy hour Monday- Friday 3:00-5:00pm with $1.00 off pie/drinks/and appetizers. I would love for you to come back and try us again hopefully with a better experience. Thank you for your patience.

Flower Mound, Texas
“Horrible service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It took an hour to receive our hamburger! Enough said? They were busy but not that busy. Burger and fries were good when we received them.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Liz S
Thank you for your review. Let me apologize for our service. Please email me at hamburgerstore@att.net with day, time and what you ordered when you dined with us. Your details will help me better serve my customers in the future. Saturdays are our most hectic and chaotic day which we are trying to "tweak" to better serve and manage. If that was the day you were here. Please come back and try us again soon.

We now have Pie Happy Hour, Monday - Friday 3:00-5:00pm where we take $1.00 off all Pie, Appetizers and Drinks.

Amarillo
“Burger Good/ Pie not the best in East texas”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The burger was good but the jalapeno bun was better. The meringue on the pie was top notch but the coconut filling was really bad. The corn poppers were good. Service was great!

Visited October 2013
Thank You for your review! We appreciate all the criticism so that we can to better serve our customers. I'm sorry your pie was unsatisfactory. We now have Pie Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00pm which we take $1.00 off all pies, Appetizers and Drinks. I hope you come back soon and try some more pie.

Arlington, Texas
“wasn't open”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wanted to try out this establishment, but it was closed when I was in Jefferson. I am unable to help out in this area. Perhaps another traveler will be able to find the place open, not closed. I put average on the rating since Trip Advisor does not offer "na".

Visited September 2013

Been to Hamburger Store? Share your experiences!