“Good but not fast food”
Review of Hamburger Store

Hamburger Store
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Under new owners! It has been completely remodeled and reopened. Come in and see for yourself and give us a try!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went here despite the low Trip Advisor rating, and we left happy enough. There's no doubt that the service is slow so if you are in a hurry, you will very much not like this place. The place has a bit of history to it, and the food was good enough. Everything we ate was carefully prepared and tasty. Nice chocolate meringue pie for dessert. No gourmet cooking here, but you can get a decent hamburger, baked potato, sweet potato fries, and more. Good service if you overlook the slowness of it all.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband & I drove over to Jefferson on a day trip. We had plans for the evening, which started at a set time. We decided to have dinner at the Hamburger Store, arriving an hour and a half before we had to be somewhere else. After placing our orders (chili burger, their version of a muffeletta, and fries), we. waited. fifty. minutes. After fifty minutes, my husband found our waitress & asked if it would be "soon" to get our food. She said that it should be out momentarily, which in this case, was another six minutes or so. Having FINALLY gotten our food, we had about fiften minutes to scarf it down, pay, and leave. It's not like we had ordered roasted chicken or anything - it was sandwiches!

Now, the food: a build-your-own-burger there was $5.99. To add chili cost another $1.99. The muffeletta (they call theirs a Jeffersonetta) was $9.99 - and was app. 5" in diameter. The spicy curlycue fries were $2.49. My burger arrived with about 2 teaspoons of chili on it - enough to get the bun & plate wet, but that's about it. My husband ordered his muffy with NO olive mix on it - he likes olives as much as I like liver. His muffy arrived with about 1/2 a CUP olive mix on it. There was so much, the olive juice had soaked the bottom bun, rendering it useless. The waitress was oblivious to its presence. The spicy curlycues? They were NOT spicy - almost unsalted, and half of them were the tail ends - 1" pieces.

We do not send food back to the kitchen - always a bad idea to do so. So he scraped off all the olive mix onto the plate, which the waitress also failed to notice. Never a "is everything OK?" from our waitress; not a single visit to make sure we had everything we needed (which we didn't - no ketchup for my fries!)

As soon as our food arrived, we tabbed out, to ensure that we got away in time. Not a good visit. While we've been there previously, we will NOT return!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wonderful pies, great burgers and sandwiches! The chocolate/coconut pie will make you dream about it!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great hambugers and fries. Abit pricey, but worth it. Try the guacamole cheese burger and spicy fries.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and my parents took me to Jefferson for my birthday and we had lunch here. It was great! We were a little scared because i had seen a good many bad reviews. But our burgers were all fantastic and huge and tasty. The fries (and my husband and i are fry people) were great! and we enjoyed looking around at all the dollars to see how far people had traveled. It was a great,fun,and tasty experience. I would definitely go back!

Been to Hamburger Store? Share your experiences!