“Get there early or expect to jump hoops”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Historic Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Texas City, Texas
“Get there early or expect to jump hoops”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

If you arrive after 5, yes 5, you have to call someone to get a room. I know it is old but seriously every squeaks. Expect people to be investigating in hallways even late. Our room 5, had no blinds and a huge street light outside window. Air condition is barely functional and the room is hot. The ghost might wake you but only after you have been awoken to the fact the room is super uncomfortable. Staff is nice and you are in the dead center of everything. There is an amazing trail hiding in RV park behind hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank babymains

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Jefferson Hotel last October and the upkeep seemed better back then. This 2 night visit our room had no soap & it was after staff hours when we realized it, so we ended up going and buying some. Many of the hallway light fixtures had bulbs burned out. In our room one 3-light sconce fixture had 2 lights burned out. I had to go to front desk to get more bulbs. The beds were very comfy and fresh towels came daily. Soda vending machine had "empty" lights on all selections (discovered at night after staff left at 5pm). The WiFi in our downstairs room wouldn't connect due to location in hotel. We also couldn't get a cell phone signal at all in our room (#21). The hotel is worth visiting, it has a lot of charm. It just seems like they need a maintenance man to go thru daily & check lights, etc. There are benevolent spirits there if you're interested in ghost-hunting. Stay during a week night when fewer guests are there, so it's quieter for your investigation. I wish LaManche's Restaurant was open on Mon/Tues, because both visits they were closed on those days that we stayed, so we weren't able to try the food. The Bayou Bakery & Cafe across the street has great food & pastries! Go to the General Store a couple of blocks down, really cool nostalgic stuff inside & ice cream bar.

Room Tip: Room #14 is most haunted, then # 19 as second. Ghost Elizabeth hung herself in Room 14 in late 1800...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mandy B
Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was my second visit to Jefferson, but my first time with my daughters. We couldn't stay at a BB and didn't want to stay in a highway hotel. The room was nice, quiet, and cool. The hotel has an ambiance that you won't get at a chain hotel. The beds were comfortable, too. The owner was friendly and nice. The hotel is in the center of historic downtown, a walk to the river and across the way from the museum. There are stairs, unless you stay on the bottom floor. The balcony on the top floor was a nice, quiet place to sit once the sun went down. If we return to Jefferson we'll be staying here again. We were in the lobby and an older couple walked in, they were staying at another historic hotel across the street. The wide told the husband that they needed to come back so they could stay at OUR Hotel! We stayed in room 18.

Room Tip: This was room 18 on the second floor. There are stairs so if that's an issue I'd make sure t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice enough hotel but no hand soap provided and no staff after 4pm Sunday to ask for some. Bed linens were thin and torn. Needs some attention but okay place Very strange that staff goes home and leaves you with a code to re-enter at your leisure. Very nice area , hotel just needs some loving upkeep

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Jun 18,2014

On Monday June 16, 2014 my granddaughter and I checked into the Hotel in Jefferson, TX. In several attempts to reserve in advance a room, I phoned several times during the day as we were traveling from the Fort Worth area and was only to get a recording stating that the hotel was closed for the evening and would reopen in the morning, wow.. this was around 10 am in the morning.....so that was not successful nor did I find it to be very professional! Upon arrival, we were not greeted by a smiling and enthusiastic receptionist. Instead, there were 2 young men and a women discussing what appeared to be a personal issue and the women was busy texting on a phone, we were not asked, "may I help you".. so in order to attempt to get their attention, I stated that I was inquiring about a room for the night and it appeared to us that we were being totally ignored until they were through dealing with their issues and she had completed her text... again I wondered "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE"! Finally the women ask me if she could help me and we were assigned a room which would not be available for check in until 2:30pm due to housekeeping, that was normal and expected as we arrived around noon. So we stored our luggage and went shopping. Upon return around 5 pm, we used the code to enter the hotel and discovered that there was NO HOTEL STAFF IN THE BUILDING!!!! We were the ONLY patrons that stayed In the hotel that night and in the morning when we left the key at the front desk at around 10 am, there still was on sign of a hotel employee!!! "Is this the proper way to run a hotel???" I ask myself... .I am not sure that I can recommend your hotel to others nor plan to stay there again.

Just thought that whoever owns this Jefferson Historic Hotel should be aware of the low quality of service which is being provided by your staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Longview, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were married in Jefferson Texas in Dec 2013 and many of our guest stayed at the Jefferson Hotel. My husband and I stayed there also. The room was elegant but not so that you didn't want to sit on the furniture. All our guest raved about their stay and how wonderful the rooms were. We were pleased with the Hotel and everything there. Had a wonderful stay on our special day. Jefferson is a great place for weddings, and great places for friends and families to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pictured on line and bigger than they look. The ones upstairs have access to the b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dee J
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just got home after a 2 night stay at the historic Jefferson hotel. Beautiful old building filled with antiques and a feeling of history. The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the town and the hotel. We stayed in room 19 in a full size bed with an beautiful, very large antique headboard. It was quiet, peaceful, a real escape from the daily work grind, in fact we were happy we couldn't get internet service, no one could bother us. Will stay again in near future. Thanks again to the wonderful staff. And I also appreciated receiving the online special. I expected to pay more on arrival but was pleasantly surprised.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrdaffy53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#10 of 27 in Jefferson
The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Historic Jefferson Hotel? Share your experiences!