“Wonderful!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Historic Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Porter
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a special place to stay for our "13th" anniversary. Jefferson Tx, sounded perfect. We booked our rooms 2 weeks in advance. When we arrived for check in, we were greeted by a very friendly clerk, processed quickly and went to the room. We loved it, so beautiful, quiet, and clean. We had dinner downstairs, very good, I might add. We had a very good visit. If I were to go back to Jefferson, I definitely would be resting my head at the Jefferson Hotel, LOVED IT!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8, very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mabank, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I came for one night for a romantic getaway. We arrived after business hours to find the front door was locked. Luckily another guest was leaving and let us in. On the front desk was an envelope with our name and reservation information. We found our room was clean and neat. We enjoyed walking around the small town and eating at the local saloon. The next morning the front desk staff was very pleasant and apologized for us almost getting locked out. Overall was a pleasant trip. Would have liked to stay a second night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TX_Guttuso
Shreveport
Reviewed September 21, 2012

For a small town trying so desperately to hold on to some semblance of a tourist trade, you'd think that this was the furthest thing on the minds of the people that run the Jefferson Hotel. I go to Jefferson all the time, but have recently stopped because of the ongoing treatment from that staff at that hotel. Whether it's the credit card system that is out, or there is not enough food in the hotel restaurant, or the reservation made was bumped because they cannot promise a room over the online reservation system, or beds that are literally falling apart, there is always a problem that arrises during your stay at that hotel. What is even more irksome is that they don't regret their faults to the customer. In fact, they act as if they are doing you a favor by letting you stay at their hotel. I had to wait 45 minutes for a table in Lamache's because the hostess refused to put two tables togehter for our party of eight. this palce is a nightmare. Do not stay there!

Room Tip: No room is good!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert S

Travelers are raving about these Jefferson hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The summer of 2011, I visited Jefferson with some friends and got to tour the hotels rooms as it was a slow week. The girl at the front desk was polite and told us that if we wanted to make an October reservation, that we would need to do so a year in advance.
I gave my credit card as a deposit and booked two rooms.
Earlier this month, tried calling several times to confirm the reservation, but never spoke to a live person. I left voice messages, and tried to contact them by email, but the account was innactive that was listed on their webpage.
Finally, today I called, got a young girl, who said that i did not have a reservation, for any time during October. I asked her to please check her records and she said that the only record she had was that the reservation was cancelled because it was made during boo week. They always reserve the hotel for a large party during that week.
No one called or emailed me to notify me that there was a problem. I said to the girl, "Is that it? You don't have any thing to offer me instead?" She said that there wasn't a reservation and it wasn't her problem, goodbye."
The only way I'd stay at that hotel is if I died and i could haunt those people to my hearts content!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laurie809
Alicia M, Manager at The Historic Jefferson Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Im the one you spoke to on the phone and as I stated on the phone we are the new owners only since January. I can't explain what happened to your reservations, because it was all done before we took over. However, when you called you told me you wanted to move your reservation to the weekend of October 13th, I stated that we were all booked because that is the weekend of the 15th Annual Boo Benefit. These rooms have been booked by the same people many years, therefore I could not simply bump them for you a room as you requested. I asked you if I could book you for any other weekend and you said NO. Im turely sorry for all the mix-up, and if possible, I would be more that happy to try to make new arrangements.
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I visit Jefferson every year and love the town! This year, we added Jefferson hotel to our list of places to visit, mostly because of the reputation of it's "non paying guests" ..Well, we had a very interesting stay to say the least, in room 19. We requested that room because of things we had read and we were not disappointed. We also loved the charm of the historic hotel. If you are looking for a fun place to stay in a great little town, this is for you. You can ask to borrow the books to read the ghost stories and see pics of previous guests. We plan to come back soon!!
Lynda & Tim
Arlington, Tx

Room Tip: I recommend room 19!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lynda B
Dickinson, TX
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at the Jefferson Hotel at the end of June and found the staff friendly. There were no "bell persons" to assist with luggage so it was a challenge to carry things upstairs - but we knew that ahead of time and packed accordingly. We stayed in room 19 for 2 nights, but had no "known" experiences - still haven't reviewed the videos. The room was neat in overall appearance, but could have been a little cleaner. In fact when looking at a photo I took in the hall of a check printing machine this morning, I noted that the side view showed a great deal of accumulated dust in the machine. The hotel is situated within walking distance of most places of interest and just across the street from where the ghost walk starts. If you're looking for excellent air conditioning and personal service, this may not be the place for you. It is an old building and that shows in some places.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy R
London
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel has terrific character being nicely located in the historic part of Jefferson. The building is one of the oldest in town and retains many features. Said to be haunted and it's hard to disagree with this possibility. We never met a member of staff, and check-in and check-out were based on picking up the key from the front desk and then leaving it there on the way out. We enjoyed the stay because we liked the atmosphere of the place. If you want the modern features of an up to date hotel then you will hate this hotel. It lacks many of the things we now normally expect such as wifi, breakfast, bar, newspapers fitness room etc. Jefferson is an interesting place to visit for a day. The antique shops are great and there are small museums. We also took a riverboat ride which had a certain charm (like the hotel!). The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel was pretty average.

Room Tip: The trains the pass through Jefferson toot their horns frequently during the night. So it's bes...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Graybabes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#10 of 27 in Jefferson
The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Historic Jefferson Hotel? Share your experiences!