“No Ghosts but trains” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Historic Jefferson Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Historic Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Fort Worth, Texas
“No Ghosts but trains”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

No ghost sightings; maybe they were annoyed by the trains who lay-down on their horns every hour through the night. If you are looking for an old hotel this is one for you. Some remodeling was done, they tried to make it modern, yet to the period. It would have looked better without the textured ceilings which I don't believe are true to the period. A/C themostat didn't work so room was cold all night. Even in the off position, a/c continued to run; guess the ghosts like it cold. Tub was dirty; had to clean it before we could use it. Overall, not impressed for the money. Stay in a B&B, you'll get more for your money and a good breakfast. Do go to Lamache's restaurant on the first floor, first rate food and service well worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sherri W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

was told the hotel was haunted. I did not see ghost but the electricity in the air was for sure there. the room did not stay a consistent temperature at all and you could hear unnatural noises all night. I am usually a fraidy cat but i guess i was tired so i just tried to block it out and sleep.

the hotel is very pretty and decorated very well.

staff was friendly

Room Tip: research the rooms; you can find what rooms have the most activity on the internet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

The staff was wonderful, but the hotel itself was somewhat disappointing. The decor is more mish-moshed antiques and themed than historic. We stayed in room 20 which is a president/patriotic themed room. We didn't see any ghosts but there were some scary things...the border in the room for one. Also, the paper thin walls. You can hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Yes, people in either room 19 or 21, I know what you were doing at 4am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I needed a cheap room for the night for a wedding. Being that EVERYTHING in Jefferson is B&B, we chose this hotel as a last resort (I had read some so-so reviews). We were given room number 5 (the last one they had) and we could not have been more pleased. First off, this hotel is beautiful. Antiques and Victorian furniture line the halls and fill the lobby. Our room was extremely clean and very pretty. The beds were soft and the linens very nice. This hotel is in a GREAT location as well, within walking distance of most of the antique shops and right across the street from a great bar and grill. Some of the rooms are haunted (supposedly) and our room was considered haunted, however, I slept extremely well with no disturbances of ANY kind :) I would recommend staying at this hotel anytime you are heading to Jefferson; it's a bed and breakfast feel, without the bed and breakfast price....or the breakfast :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JordanMP
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

I took my husband Jefferson bc of the ratings on the town, not so much for this hotel. I did infact pick this bc they say its haunted. Im not so sure.... We stayed in room 22 which is downstairs. The historic part is a little thrown off on some of the hotel decor, looks more gody then old. The room itself was nice, the bed wasnt comfortable and the pillows felt really cheap. BRING YOUR OWN. You might feel a bit "off" in the room bc the flooring is uneven, the door isnt level with the floor and walking into the bathroom might make you dizzy. Lighting, levels, colors, electric current can throw people off and even make you feel uneasy. So to the haunting part the first night I was creeped out just bc I knew there was only one other guest there....on the top floor. YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING..... just sayin. Anyways while I was sleeping I woke up bc I felt something grab my foot, my husband rolls over and says it was just him moving but whatever. The next day I mention my foot and he tells me that the reason he was moving around is bc he saw someone standing at the end of the bed and didnt want to scare me.. LOL Thanks babe. We heard things through out the night, I woke him up bc I kept hearing what sounded like a metal cart being pushed... Oh by the way the other guest left in the middle of the night, not sure why. That was about it, we took tons of pics but didnt catch anything....

Room Tip: best room? um just bring ur pillow!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Mcjax71

Travelers are raving about these Jefferson hotels

Mineola, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Read all the bad reviews twice. The staff couldn't care less, didn't even say thank you or come back. Mattress was terrible, pillows worse - a king size bed in a small room with a brown bedspread that had nothing historic or charming about it. One glass in the room had some unidentifiable black stuff in the bottom. No luggage rack and no space to lay out toiletries Toilet paper was bottom of the line. If you got to the coffee pot at the wrong time, there were instructions posted to make it yourself. The Excelsior hotel across the street was the same price with comfortable beds and surroundings and a custom cooked breakfast. I don't see them stlying in business, few, if any will come back a second time.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Corinth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Arrived in Jefferson later in the evening & after veiwing another GROSS Hotel I went to the Jefferson Hotel. The price quoted me was much more than I was willing to spend but my options were very limited. After walking back in 3 times the front desk girl could see my stress. She had called the owner & because the hotel was not full & it was later I was able to get the room for 1/2 price!! The room was small but very cute. Loved the furnishings and it served my purpose. Was able to view other rooms which were larger. The TV wouldn't come on but was very quickly fixed. The bathroom was large and the bed comfy. The bed was a little small for the 2 of us but can complain because of the great price. Loved the common upstairs balcony that looks over the brick laid street. Close to all the shops & bar across the street. All the employees were friendly & accommodating. In house resturant although pricy for Italian smelled wonderful. Will return & stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank jmho4u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#9 of 27 in Jefferson
White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Historic Jefferson Hotel? Share your experiences!