“Food is just ok. Nothing special.”

Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Title says it all. Nice old building but not great food. Set in an old bank, with the vault still there. The bar itself is a great piece.

There are newer reviews for Diamond B's The Franchise

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Make no mistake, everyone in our party thought that the food was INCREDIBLE! We had different menu items, and tasted around the table, so our experience was that the Cajun food at the Franchise was first class, and well worth a return trip. The problem was with the service - after bringing our meals, which were lacking some of the things ordered, the waitress never came back to the table while we were dining. At the end of the meal, she appeared to present the bill, with an 18% gratuity added because there were eight of us. The service was inexcusably bad - at one point my wife actually kidnapped a water picture from the bar and used it to fill everyone's glasses - and that was disappointing. The automatic gratuity was a crime - it made us all feel like the waitress knew that she was going to get it anyway, and then blew off any further service to us as if she didn't care if we ever came back. That said, the food really was special, so I hope that the place can solve its personnel issues and become the restaurant that it has the potential to be.

2  Thank whois23
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food here was ok but not great. The service was kind of slow but I think the town overall is rather laid back. I had the Jambalaya, my husband had the wedge salad, French onion soup. The jambalaya was supposed to have chicken and sausage but there was very little chick in the dish but it was tasty. I'm not an authority on Jambalaya but it was decent. The French onion soup was served without a crouton and cheese however someone at the table next to use had the same soup and their soup was served with the items my husband's soup was missing.

1  Thank boxie61
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

It was very loud in the restaurant, so we ate outside on the patio. We had a great waitress. I loved my fried catfish dinner; my mother-in-law loved the cedar plank salmon too. My husband said the jambalaya was good as well; just a bit dry. We would eat there again if patio seating was available.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We came in for lunch. Got our drinks and 15 min later, no one came back to take our order! There were 3 employees working, 2 were in the back smoking and 1 was busy stocking the bar. We will not be back.

Been to Diamond B's The Franchise? Share your experiences!