“Best B&B EVER!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We love this place so much. We've been coming to the Claiborne House since our wedding night in 2001 and keep coming back. If you are looking for a delicious breakfast made by the nicest people in Jefferson then you should stay here. We also indulged in one of the packages this time and you should too. The chocolate strawberries were amazing and so was the jacuzzi tub. We also had a special dinner prepared by Steve and Elaine, which was another great meal. We usually eat at the local places which we love Stillwater or LaManche's Italian. However looking for a more private dinner, we ate like kings with a wonderful appetizer, warm soup, yummy salad, perfectly cooked filet, and chocolate lava cake....oooh soo good! Finally, you will not find a more beautifully decorated home with ultra cozy beds that would make it hard to climb out of if breakfast wasn't so spectacular! After staying at lots of B&Bs across Texas and into the Soutwest, there is none more special or hospitable than the Claiborne House. I would recommend this so highly that 5 stars isn't enough!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2009

I recommend this B&B above many others I have stayed in. I have been going for get-a-ways to Jefferson many times over the last 10 years. I love the Claiborne house. It is very clean and the breakfast are sooooo wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I called Elaine the owner of Claiborne House to book 4 rooms for my sisters 30th birthday. I told Elaine we were only going to stay one night, and she told me to go on-line to book as she was not home and could not help us right then. The booking tool used for Claiborne House would not accept my reservation, so I call a local booking service to make the reservation. The booking service called Elaine to make the reservation and she told them that she had just talked to someone who wanted 4 rooms that night and wasn't sure if I wanted them or not. Elaine called me right back and was upset that I went through a booking service and that she would have to pay a commission. She then told me she was going to require a 2 night stay, but would work something out with the booking service. it wasn't 2 mins later the booking service called me back and said Elaine would not rent to us for one night. Elaine could have told me this herself, but didn't have the backbone to do it. I then called Elaine back and she changed her story, told me if she had not rented the rooms by Thursday of the weekend I was coming, she might consider a one night stay. I don't play games and wouldn't give my money to someone that does. And if Elaine does not like to pay commissions, she shouldn't be listed with a booking service. This place might be nice, but there are plenty of other wonderful choices!

Stayed: October 2009
3  Thank rbab
Jerry L, Owner at Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Previous owners review

Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I went to Jefferson for a birthday getaway for my 26th birthday. We stayed at The Claiborne House in the Wilde room. The room was gorgeous! The bed was sooo comfortable and the jacuzzi tub....wonderful! Elaine really made us feel at home! Breakfast was delicious and the dining room was beautiful! The grounds were well kept and everything was just perfect. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2009

If you like bed and breakfasts at all... or even think you might... you will love the Claiborne House. It's a historic home filled with beautiful antiques, tastefully decorated, with porches and clean bedrooms -- mostly with Jacuzzi tubs. Breakfasts are delicious gourmet food. We stayed for several days in the Wilde Room, and loved it. Elaine and Steve, the owners, are very nice people who make you feel right at home immediately. They give you cookies in the evening that are as good as the breakfast food. The Wilde room has a spa tub. It's large, on the second floor up some steep stairs. They have coffee in the morning on the second floor and a refrigerator full of water bottles. The house is located near (3 blocks away) from the downtown Jefferson area, where there are tons of antique stores and several great restaurants. We went for our 12th anniversary, and plan to return soon. Great place!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I had chose the Claiborne House for our honeymoon destination. What an incredible experience! Everything is done to perfection from the decorating to the bath treats beside the jacuzzi to the food that was served for breakfast. The cleanliness of the Claiborne House is impeccable! We've made our reservations for our 1 year anniversary at the Claiborne House!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2009

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was decorated beautifully from the bed to the claw foot tub and shower. We had a gormet breakfast each morning and snacks during the day. We were in walking distance of the town. We were there May 1 thru 3 of 2009 for the Pilgrimage weekend. There was a parade, Civil War reenatctment, many quaint stores to walk through, food vendors and sites to see. Jefferson is a beautiful friendly town and we would go back just for a restful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2009