“Great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
SHREVEPORT, LA
“Great B&B”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

This was our second stay at Claiborne House. We took family with us this time and they enjoyed it very much too. The breakfasts are the best you will find at any B&B, the blackberry soup is so good! Had dinner at the Lamache's Italian Restaurant, it was very good. Enjoyed a nice carriage ride. Jefferson is such a nice little town to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Elaine, thanks for another great stay! Hope to go back again real soon.

• Liked — Bed and Breakfast well done!
  • Disliked — nothing to note.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank OLDTHINGS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lewisville, TX
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We booked a weekend at the Claiborne for a romantic weekend for our first anniversary. It completely lived up to my hopes. We were greeted and given a tour of the house when we arrived. The room was fabulous! They had just redone the room and we were the first to enjoy the new "look". When we came back from dinner rose petals, candles and a bottle of "bubbly" awaited us on the jacuzzi tub for two. Breakfast our first morning was not to be believed. Strawberry soup started off the meal with fresh blueberry muffins and eggs that melted in your mouth. I'm only sorry a storm came through our second night, knocking out the power so we didn't get to sample another breakfast. We were kindly given a free meal in town. It was wonderful, but probably wasn't nearly as good. We look forward to going back and finding out.

• Liked — Food and service.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank txmedic37
Texarkana
Reviewed April 30, 2008

I have stayed at the Claiborne House 3 times. My husband and I try to make it every 6 months, this past time my best friend and I went for a girls weekend. Every weekend there has been absolutely perfect. The rooms are so comfortable. Steve and Elaine have done such a beautiful job in preserving the beauty of the home while offering the modern conveniences. When you stay you must make an appointment to visit A Touch of Class Day Spa, you will not be disappointed. It is just a wonderful experience overall. I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed April 2008
Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2008

This was a lovely location for a quiet, relaxing, intimate honeymoon! We stayed in the Browning Room... the whirlpool jacuzzi and large walk in shower were wonderful! The owners were out of town, but the caretaker was amazing! A gourmet breakfast was served every morning... I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful honeymoon! Thanks Clairborne House!

• Liked — Romantic setting
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CK2343
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I stayed at the Claiborne House for a business trip. Steve
and Elaine are congenial and the room is wonderful. I love
the ironed sheets and the feeling of another time. The room
is just as it should be for an antique town and a house that
fits the town perfectly.

• Liked — The look of the room and the ironed sheets
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
txk
Reviewed February 25, 2008

As many others have written Steve and Elaine really make you feel welcome. This was our first stay at their home and they made it feel like it was ours. My wife and I both had a massage which we enjoyed. The food was GREAT! we also had the dinner for two, again GREAT! Elaine help in planning the weekend, she was very accommodating. Guys take her. The only problem I had was getting her back to work on Monday.

Steve & kellie
Texarkana

• Liked — frendliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Alexandria
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We recently returned from Claiborne House B&B. It was not intended to be a special occassion, but it certainly turned into one! The rooms were fabulous! Everything was very tastefully decorated, clean and very welcoming.
Elaine and Steve were two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. They made you feel very comfortable and at home.
I can't say enough about the wonderful gourmet breakfast we had on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. The presentation was better than any I have ever had in any five star hotel, not to mention how flavorful they were. Wonderful blackberry soup, southwester egg casserol, angel biscuit and much more all at one seating!
Unfortunately we did not get to participate in any of the massages, but I have every intention of returning and participating in the warm rock massage.
I highly recommend a stay at this wonderful B&B!

Linda and Larry Ueckert, Alexandria, La