“Cute but Slow Service”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Texas
“Cute but Slow Service”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is a really cute, new little 1950s-esque diner. It offers hamburgers, taco salads, a salad bar, etc. as well as daily specials and desserts.

Unfortunately, the service/speed wasn't all that great. The "special" that day was a make-it-yourself taco salad. It was okay, but I found a hair in the meat (I realize this just happens sometime, and it doesn't completely freak me out.) My husband ordered a hamburger, and it seemed to take longer than necessary for it to arrive. The food was good but nothing to jump up and down about. I think it would be good for a family with children, but it's not a place that I'd say, "Let's go back there again!"

I'm okay with theme restaurants, but you really need to have distinctive food and super service (too many teenaged wait-staff aren't trained and don't give good customer service). I don't think you'd go wrong eating at Beje's, but it wouldn't be the first place I'd recommend, either.

Visited June 2012

Carthage
“Great Hamburger!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Wednesday backyard burgers was great. Beje's is an adorable place. You won't be disappointed You can't miss Beje's on your trip to Historical Jefferson!.

Houston
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Went here for a late Saturday lunch. I had no idea just how late it would be. When we arrived, the place was crowded, but it thinned out in the two hours we were there. When we finally got waited on, we placed a simple order, but it took an hour to get it. It you have any kind of schedule to keep stay away.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Hour and Half Lunch”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The food was okay. BUT it took an HOUR AND A HALF for our chicken salad sandwich and philly cheese to be served. My fries were cold. My husband's fries were hot. Out server was great but the kitchen was S - L - OOOOOOOOOOOOOO - W.

Jefferson, Texas
“Slow Service, Cold food”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

It has been a few months since I have ate here, so this review is a little late and maybe food and service has improved.

It is nice when you go out with friends, to have all the food served at the same time, or atleast sometime close as everyones elses. Not here, a group of 8 was served food at random times and was cold when we finally received. Seems like more staff needs to be hired to handle tables. Food was generic, nothing to return again to eat, alot of other places with much better food in Jefferson.

• Visited February 2012