“awesome food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

they take the time to cook the food fresh while you wait. the rolls were literally right out of the oven. delicious- everything

2  Thank TerryB_358_13

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were in Jefferson for a quick visit, and this restaurant was recommended to us. Our waitress was very pleasant and entertaining, but paid little attention to us and we had to wait to order and for glass refills because she was doing other things, and there was only one other patron in the place. I had a sandwich and soup, and my wife had a sandwich and the garlic potatoes. The garlic potatoes were inedible, and when the proprietor asked about them and we said they were, she said that she had tasted them earlier and knew they weren't good. I'm not sure why they were served, and why they weren't taken off the ticket. It is a nice, quiet place, pleasant environment, and mostly good food, but it is very pricey for a small sandwich and side item, and I was somewhat disappointed. I'm afraid that I'm with TexasGrannieJ. Overrated............

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Sorry, but I'm having a difficult time with all the rave reviews. We stopped in for lunch on a recent trip through Jefferson. The young woman who waited on us was friendly, maybe a bit too much so as she kept touching my husband's shoulder!! We all ordered sandwiches with different sides. The helpings of chicken salad and egg salad on the sandwiches was generous requiring a fork, but I am not a fan of their fancy bread/buns. I found them too chewy and overwhelming for the sandwich. My daughter had a cup of broccoli cheese soup that she said was delicious, but my side of tomato basil soup was bitter. Overall, not a winner!

1  Thank TexasGrannieJ
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant is very worthy of the awards that it has received. My husband and I started off with iced tea and a crostini with smoked gouda appetizer. It was so delicious that we finished it before the plate had even begun to cool down. We then had salads and bread - both top notch. My husband had the Southern Smothered Pork Chop, It was amazing. It wasn't the traditional smothered pork chop. They used shredded pork chops on top of bacon and jalepeno grits. I had the Chicken Primavera. It was so tasty that I cleaned the plate in no time. Both of our entrees were recipients of the Taste of Jefferson award and rightly so!! For dessert, we had the Seven Layer Brownie - heavenly and sinful all at the same time. Our server was attentive, friendly, sweet, and helpful. We will definitely be back!!

2  Thank 3-Cute-Cats
Reviewed May 10, 2013

great little bistro good food and nice atmosphere in a good location close to the shopping. The sandwiches and soup were great and good service

1  Thank tellersdogs

Been to Austin Street Bistro? Share your experiences!