“Not fancy, just very good food”

Austin Street Bistro
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dallas, Texas
“Not fancy, just very good food”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The Bistro is a small, popular place with very good food. On busy weekends it is a challenge to get a table, but well worth it. You just have to be willing to sit close to the folks around you.

We stopped for a late night dessert one night, which was great, but since it was late the choices were limited. It's best to go early.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank rrc59

United States
“World class dining in tiny little Jefferson”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My wife and another couple recently went to East Texas to enjoy the holiday lights in Marshall and the Candlelight Tour in Jefferson. We ate at Austin Street Bistro and the meal was wonderful...The atmosphere was casual with most folks in jeans and the service very attentive. The winning entree was the chicken primavera and the best desert was their bread pudding. Make sure and save room for desert...the chef was a pastry chef in California before coming to Jefferson. After dinner stop in the General Store next door for a trip down memory lane. Good time is guaranteed !

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank BluffDwellers
“Absolutely excellent!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on our trip to Jefferson. It was unbelievable! I had The Pilgrim, a turkey sandwich on the bread that is made at the restaurant, and I cannot express how much I enjoyed that sandwich. My husband had the salmon, and it, too, was incredible. If we had had room for dessert, we would have had that as well, but we were both so full from our entrees, we simply had no room. The waitress was very nice, prompt with service, very personable. The owner and chef spoke with us, and she was a delight. Overall, we are in love with Austin Street Bistro and will definitely, without a doubt, return. This is a true treasure in the idyllic Jefferson.

3 Thank Jennifromthesticks
Tomball, Texas, USA
“A Must in Jefferson”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The Austin Street Bistro is absolutely a must to visit during any stay in Jefferson. The food is delicious, made fresh and served in a relaxed atmosphere. Don't miss this truly special dining spot in Jefferson!

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Lisa D
Frisco, Texas
“Amazing food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My cousin and I were in town for a weekend trip. We stopped in and arrived early (before they opened) but we were allowed to have a seat. We had wonderful service. The oatmeal bread with maple butter was heaven! I had the pork chop sepcial and it not what I was expecting but it tasted AMAZING! The owner (and cook) came by to talk with us and told us about the desserts. My cousin saved room for desert and she had the cheese cake. She said it was the best she'd ever had. I was too full to have any. I can't wait to come back to Jefferson and bring my husband to the Bistro!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank travelqueenfrisco

Been to Austin Street Bistro? Share your experiences!