“No Ghosts Here”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“No Ghosts Here”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I wasn't expecting to see a ghost, but I thought it would be more that just stories. We walked around Jefferson in a large group and listened to stories. If this had been the expectation given that would have been fine. However when we signed up for the tour we were told we would be going inside some of the buildings. Once the tour began there was an excuse outside almost all the locations as to why we could not enter. After over an hour we finally got to go into a store that was closed. There had to be at least 40 people on the tour. Way to many to cram into the size of the store and you couldn't hear anything if you were toward the back. At this point we gave up on the tour. I was not impressed.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank lifewithaview

The Colony, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So very disappointed.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've been on Jodi's tour before, and it was phenomenal. This time, however, I felt really let down. And puzzled. Though I realize Halloween is just around the corner, the crowd was terrible. There were upwards of 100 people gathered for this tour, and several were drinking freely in the street as we waited - quite inebriated. We'd already paid for our tickets (3 of us). We finally, after listening to the drunk, loud obnoxious people, sold our tickets to a group walking up and left. I was not about to set off on a tour that we would get nothing out of due to the sheer number of people and the loud, very inebriated group. If asked, I'd suggest making at the very least, TWO tour times when the crowds are going to be big like that. How much would it cost to train someone to run a second tour? Not much, considering that she brought in over 1200 in that one night. I've no doubt it doesn't happen all the time. I've been twice already and loved it both times. But to allow people who are openly drinking in the street (and very obviously drunk) come along was very unprofessional, and I was not about to subject myself to that. I hope Jodi will consider stricter guidelines for her guests and perhaps adding a second tour on nights like last Saturday night.

Visited October 2013
Jefferson, TX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mother/Daughter”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My daughter and I took the Ghost Walk the middle of October, 2013. If you are interested in the paranormal, or just interested in the history of some of the buildings/houses in Jefferson, this tour is a must! There were a lot of people in our tour, probably about 50, but the tour guide, Jodi, would gather us around her and everyone was able to hear what she had to say. It was a lot of walking - our tour lasted 2-1/2 hours - but we enjoyed it a lot more than the carriage ride we took, and a lot cheaper. If and when we go back to Jefferson, we will definitely take this tour again. Jodi rocks!!

Visited October 2013
Brownsvill
“very dissappointed”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Jodi is a tour guide, at best. I took the tour on a Thursday in August 2013. Paid full price for the 3 of us. She went through great details about the history of the buildings throughout the tour. and she always emphasized that on the weekends, there are more people showing up for the tour. Again, according to her, since we had a small crowd, we were only going to go inside one building, only one building! And she repeated her self a lot, emphasizing that she was a skeptic of the paranormal. (that's what she does, why is she a skeptic) And she gave every building a rating. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most "ghostly". This tour, for me, was a waste of time and money. I took plenty of pictures though. I had some interesting orbs, but no images of a ghost.

Visited August 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wear your walking shoes!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The fun thing about this is that you get to go into the stores in old Jefferson after hours. Some will be dark, the better to see the spirits (flashlights are provided). You will hear lots of stories of long ago and will feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck more than once!

Visited August 2013