“Magnificent Trip”

Ranked #3 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Longview, Texas
“Magnificent Trip”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a very lovely house, well maintained and a pleasure to stay in. My boyfriend and I took a mini getaway to Jefferson. This is the first B&B either one of us had ever stayed in. At first I was a little nervous, seems like you are staying in someone else house but that is not the case at all, the nervousness quickly passed and the enchantment began. Tammy and Dave are wonderful hosts and a super nice couple. They make you feel right at home and Dave's mean cooking skills in the kitchen are a must try! The rooms are clean, beautiful and have everything you could think of needing. We stayed in the Southern Charm Room and I was sad to leave it! We will defiantly be back and will recommend it to anyone who will listen. Thank you Tammy and Dave, it was an excellent weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy D, Owner at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Awe, it warms our hearts that your first time at a bed and breakfast was a wonderful experience.
Please come back anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the White Oak Manor to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere, cleanliness, and owners exceeded every expectation we had. The attention to detail is obvious as soon as you walk through the door. You can tell immediately that every need or desire has been thought out throughly. Besides having easy access to wifi, there are cold drinks, popcorn, sweet delicious treats, and coffee available for every guest. Many bed and breakfasts have great amenities, but the owners truly make this place beyond exceptional. Tammy was more than happy to take pictures of my husband and I out front and the breakfast her and Dave cooked was 5 star quality. They made us feel like family. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawntee N
Tammy D, Owner at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your sweet sentiments. It is our pleasure to have had you both stay with us and knowing that you enjoyed all the little extras we provide is one of the reasons we offer them.
You really captured some wonderful pictures while you were here. Thank you for sharing them.
We hope to see you again soon.
Winnsboro, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friend, Janet Lohr, and I had such a wonderful and relaxing time at White Oak Manor. It is absolutely gorgeous, inviting, and so perfectly clean. ( I am super big on clean!) I had told the owners Dave and Tammy a few months earlier that I would not be eating breakfast... but once I caught the aroma... I went every morning! Each day our breakfast was a dream! We enjoyed the Quilt Show because even horrid weather did not stop the 2 of us. We always went back around 7:00 p.m. We had eaten by then and could enjoy talking and showing off our purchases. We slept well and watched the MANOR DVD'S. We loved the history of the owners more than any other history we stumbled across. We are planning to go back next Quilt Show! If I ever run away... I know where I am going to go to be pampered!

Room Tip: Quiet and sooooo peaceful in any room. We talked with some people who stayed the Fri. -Mon. days. T...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were welcomed so graciously by Tammy and her daughter. Our room was thoughtfully appointed with everything we might need. Tammy was most helpful in suggesting properties with full kitchens for a future stay. We particually enjoyed the fantastic breakfast she served us, and left feeling relaxed and revitalized. Thanks so much White Oak Manor. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dallas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I "ranaway" for the Thanksgiving holiday to the White Oak Manor B&B. We had an wonderful, relaxing time. Dave and Tammy were gracious hosts and very accomodting. They handled our gluten/pork free diet requirements with ease and made a special trip to find gluten free Bisquick! That really impressed us as going above and beyond the call of duty!!! Thanks again to Dave and Tammy! We will definitley return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Thanks to the B&B for Vets Program and the generosity of Dave and Tammy, my wife and I and two of our retired military friends got to visit a beautiful part of Texas we had never been to - but plan to go back to.

Dave and Tammy have thought of everything at the White Oak Manor - three beautifully furnished and appointed rooms with every detail taken care of. We have stayed at several B&Bs over the years and this one rates with the best.

From the day Tammy enthusiastically took our reservations, to their warm greeting when we arrived, to the delicious breakfast they served us before we left - we felt like family and were made to feel at home.

The area is beautiful in spite of the storm that hit while we were there. Our purpose for wanting to visit the area was to enjoy a couple of the local wineries - but any excuse to visit is a good one.

Thank you Dave and Tammy !

Room Tip: Three rooms with different decor and each one has it's own fireplace. I'd enjoy staying in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mansfield, TX
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 27th Wedding Anniversary at this wonderful White Oak Manor. Dave and Tammy were very personable and made you feel like one of the family. The breakfasts were very tasty. We enjoyed all the quaint shops and eating places in Jefferson. We also recommend the Big Bayou river boat tour for a unique history lesson on how grand Jefferson used to be and how it has been brought back to life through the various bed and breakfast spots, shops, and the charm of its people.

Room Tip: They are located off the beaten path so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Hampton Inn Marshall
Delta Street Inn
#1 of 28 in Jefferson
Benefield House Bed & Breakfast
Bed of Roses Bed and Breakfast

Been to White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!