“Had a Great Time!”

White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The owners were extremely hospitable, rooms were extremely clean and the breakfast was excellent. We felt like we were staying with good friends. A very quiet and relaxing atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay so much we decided to stay another night. We will return very soon and you can assure yourself that we will stay at White Oak Manor Bed & Breaskfast!

Room Tip: Southern Charm has a king size bed and the bed was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ginny B
Tammy D, Owner at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

We were tickled you decided to stay that extra night. We hope to see you again when you come back to Jefferson.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at White Oak Manor in Jefferson, Texas. We were guests in the White Oak Room (Judge'sChamber) overlooking the massive white oak in the front yard. There is a lovely veranda to sit on outside, with chairs, porch swing, etc.
Our room was incredibly spacious, with an entire separate sitting area, which we found very comfortable. The bathroom is also huge. There is a claw foot tub, which has been outfitted with a shower. My husband found the shower very difficult since the curtain had to be placed into the tub in a way that restricted his movement.
The entire White Oak Manor is immaculately clean and tastefully decorated. Our bed was extremely comfortable. David and Tammy are great hosts!
We enjoyed a very hearty breakfast in the morning. It is served at 9:00 AM (or so). If you need to get on the road, this may be a little later than you would like to be getting started.
Jefferson is hoe to MANY bed and breakfasts. This one, recently taken over by Dave and Tammy, is a hidden gem! If you look for their website, be sure it is the current one with them as owners.

Room Tip: I think the White Oak Suite will meet anyone's needs for a great night's stay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MSUmindy
Tammy D, Manager at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We will try to find a way to make the shower in the room more comfortable.
We are always happy to accommodate early breakfast if we know you need to leave earlier. We apologize for any miscommunication on our part.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Truely the best breakfast anyone could ask for. Had an amazing time and Tammy and David are a great pair, really nice people. Would highly recommend them as a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank emilybozman

Reviewed February 24, 2012

****First, this b & b is under new ownership as of this past year, so make sure you go to the correct site to see currect pictures. The old site is still up but the rooms look really different now. I had gone to the old one and didn't even consider this place until I found the new pics. You can find updated info and pictures at their blog, http://blog.bedandbreakfastjeffersontx.com/ . ****

We just returned from our first stay at the White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast. My husband and I had a chance for a mid-week trip to Jefferson, and I had spent several late nights researching Jefferson B&B's. There are a ton of them, but I just don't think we could have found a nicer one. From the phone call to set up our reservations, we were more than pleased. Tammy and Dave welcomed us at the door and showed us to our room upstairs, and our first impression was of the beautiful decor and staircase. The ceilings vary throughout the rooms upstairs, and that just adds to the ambience. There on the landing, central to all 3 rooms, they have a small table set up with a microwave, popcorn, and a drawer full of toiletries you might have forgotten. There's also a small cabinet full of a wide variety of dvd's to choose from as well.

We stayed in the White Oak room, named so for the ancient tree spreading its branches right outside the front window. The room is beautifully and tastefully furnished with an antique oak bed, dresser, and armoire, with a step down into a small sitting area under the window. The bed is soooo comfortable, with lots of fluffy pillows and plenty of blankets, as well as a beautiful quilt. Our room also had a Keurig coffee maker with plenty of coffee supplied and a small frig. The tv is a good-size flat screen wall model that can be rotated so you can view it from all over the room.

The bathroom was immaculate, with a big claw foot tub that would be easy to get spoiled to. Once again, there was bubble bath, shampoo, even moisturizer, and two incredibly soft robes.

Breakfast was wonderful! We went downstairs about nine, and were greeted by Tammy and Dave in the dining area which adjoins the kitchen on one side and a small Victorian sitting area on the other, a comfortable but beautiful arrangement. Tammy served us coffee, juice, and roasted grapefruit, which we thoroughly enjoyed while she and Dave made us hash browns and eggs benedict. We both cleaned our plates and loved every bite. We sat around and visited with Tammy and Dave for a little while, and when we left, we felt we were leaving the home of new friends.

This was our first stay at a B&B, but I think we have found our place to stay when we return to Jefferson!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexTrav2012
Tammy D, Owner at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

I can't tell you how good we feel to receive such a glowing review from guests.
It really warms our hearts to know that in some small way we have helped you have the best time on your visit. We totally understand that time away is precious, that's why we strive hard to give you a great experience. Come back anytime.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at White Oak Manor for New Year's Eve weekend and very much enjoyed our visit. The rooms are adorable and very comfortable! The innkeepers are extremely passionate about their job and go out of their way to show it.

We arrived a bit late on our first night due to traffic, but Tammy (one of the innkeepers) remained extremely patient and welcomed us warmly when we finally arrived.

The accomodations in the room are impeccable: very comfy queen sized bed, a flat screen tv mounted to the wall (with a shelf of 100+ DVDs in the main hallway), an electric fireplace, your very own Keurig coffee maker in each room, and a good sized bathroom. Also, the location is wonderful in relation to the main area of the town.

The breakfasts are completely GOURMET and homemade by the innkeepers and were honestly some of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten!

Tammy and her husband have been running B&Bs all over the country for years and it is very clear here that they take their job seriously and know how to keep their guests happy beyond their expectations!

My boyfriend and I have stayed in several other B&Bs in Jefferson and I have to say, this one is our new favorite!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaitlyn T
Tammy D, Owner at White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

We are thrilled you had a great time staying with us. It puts a smile on our faces to know we helped you have a wonderful time here in Jefferson. Come again anytime.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was lucky enough to be the first guest of the new owners David & Tammy Doriot when I visited this August. They were gracious and kind and fashioned a wonderfully comfortable space for my week long stay. This is actually my first stay in a bed and breakfast so I don't have much to compare it to, but I have a feeling it will be hard for the next one I stay at to meet my expectations after this one.
When I arrived there were two small dogs to greet me which was heart warming as I miss my own. They were friendly and gentle, they greeted me and then were on their way, the weren't at all intrusive. Upon arrival I was also greeted warmly by David and Tammy, of course. They had my room all ready with plenty of plush ammenities such as a small fridge for my own use, a large tv with cable & dvd capabilities, wonderfully comfortable bathrobes and super soft towels and sheets as well as an alarm clock that allowed me to play my own cds if I wanted to. I chose not to set the alarm, it was wonderful!
My room radiated a sense of caring and comfort, the lovely green paint was soothing, the quilt on the king sized bed was a perfect match, there were two luggage racks, a nice table where I could set my medications, souveniers, and other personal items. Two beautiful end tables, a nice rug that covered the center of the room which has beautiful old hardwood, as well as other small decorations that were dainty, not large and gawdy. My bathroom was stocked perfectly with a special washcloth provided for facial cleansing, glycerin soap (not the chintzy motel stuff, but real quality glycerine soap) shampoo and conditioner, a vanity mirror with two sides, and even a blow dryer. These items were stored nicely on two sets of shelving which gave me plenty of room to lay out my own items. It had a shower AND an antique clawfoot tub, you bet I used them both! What a way to cool off and unwind after a day of taking in all the history of Jefferson.
In the mornings there were delectible breakfasts including fresh fruit and yogurt presented in small dishes in a way that made it taste even better because it looked better than at home!
David and Tammy are wonderful hosts, always accomodating but never intrusive. My room was always fresh and clean after a day of sight seeing. I may never go to another bed and breakfast after this experience, plus with the enormous amount of history in Jefferson, I am sure I'll have to return to learn even more of it. Maybe next year I'll come more toward the fall as the only complaint I had was the extreme heat outside the Manor. The inside was always pleasanly cooled and never did I feel like I was in the Texas heat once I arrived back at the Manor.
I stayed solo, which was perfectly all right with me, however I do believe this would be a wonderful location for couples of any age or absolutely bilssful for a group of girlfriends who need to just get away for a minute. It was very relaxing and extremely "warm" like a home would be, it's obvious that Tammy and David love what they do and will do whatever they can to make your stay the best experience possible. I chose not sure for value because this is my first stay at a bed and breakfast but I felt my stay was worth more than I spent to stay there that's for sure. There weren't any fitness facilities but I'm hearing they aren't to be expected usually in a b&b which is fine with me I was on vacation!

Room Tip: use all the ammenities, they make you feel like royalty!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo