“Best meal of our trip”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My sister and I visited Jefferson, Texas for a few days. For our last meal before leaving town we decided we wanted Mexican food. We chose Don Juan's and we were very glad we did. The chips and hot sauce were delicious. Our meals could not have been any better. Last but not least, the frozen Margarita. It was divine. Everyone raves about Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth and how great their margarita's are. In my opinion, it doesn't even compare to Don Juan's. And by the way, the service was great, too.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Took a little step back when we saw the exterior and it's location next to a rundown motel. The interior was as expected - nothing fancy, but we're used to that. The food turned out to be very good Tex-Mex and FAST! We were in and out in 35 minutes! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We love eating at Don Juan's when we come back to Texas to visit my parents. We ate here twice on our last visit. The bean & cheese nachos are delicious & a full order is enough for our family of 6 to each get 2. The fajitas are great as are the flautas. My favorite is the plate with an enchilada, tamale, & crispy taco. The chicken enchilada with sour cream sauce is the best! Although my husband would argue in favor of the verde. The atmosphere is relaxed & great for families. There's rarely a wait. Only on Sundays after the meetings all let out. But, it's definitely worth it!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Consistently good tex mex. Prices are reasonable. Service is fast. Chips and salsa are also good. I only wish we could have tex mex in Tennessee.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place has a chain restaurant feel when you first go in, but the food is well above average (and FAST out of the kitchen), the wait staff is superb (Pablo is perhaps the friendliest waiter on earth), and the price is very reasonable, especially for families. I tend to like my salsa a little spicier than they offer but that's a nitpick. Worth repeat visits.