“Hamburger on a cornbread bun? You bet!”

Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Jefferson
Dining options: Lunch
Description: When I was 8 I invented what I called a "Kornbread Sandwich". Many years later my Mom and I opened up a pie shop and restaurant and we slowly introduced my creation after tweaking the recipe for our cornbread. It's become an addictive addition to our historic small town and we love to see the faces of our guests eating it for the first time. Come on in and try it. It's not your Mama's cornbread!
Reviewed February 20, 2014

It was the special of the day when we ate their earlier this week, but man it was good! They offer several choices of sandwich served on a slab of cornbread, and they all looked awesome.

But today I got the hamburger. Fabulous. The cornbread is sweet and very moist. I expected it to sort of fall apart as I ate, but not so! A must-try if you're in Jefferson!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have eaten a lot of cornbread in my lifetime, but I must admit never as the bread for a sandwich. I had the "redneck" sandwich which was fried baloney between two slices of cornbread. Not bad. In fact it was a very good. If you have not tried it before, try it. You will like it.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The idea sounds fun, and I like the fact that there is a place to drop in for pie and coffee. But they would be better served by purchasing Marie Callendars pie out of the freezer case. If you advertise a pie shop, the pies had better be outstanding. I appreciate the simplified, comfort-food menu, which would lead one to believe that these are specialties of the chef, and what could go wrong? Right? Only three in our party, so we can't claim a thorough sampling, but the chicken and dumplings was hardly the way my granny made them - bland, watery, and a conspicuous lack of chicken. certainly not worth the $6+. On the other hand, the frito pie was very good, and prompted one in my party to order another round. The broccoli salad, which is really a kind of coleslaw was quite good. It could have used another tablespoon of dressing, but we did enjoy it. Service was slow and inattentive, but pleasant enough when we had their attention. It would be in their best interest to pay someone who has worked in a place like Olive Garden to give their staff a day of training.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Kitt's came highly recommended but we found it average at best. I would not return.
We had chicken and dumplings and beef stew. Ok but not outstanding

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We sat here with my wife and ordered pie. I had chocolate pecan pie with a scoop of vanilla ice scream and my wife had the buttermilk pie. My pie was so so. Not the best not the worst. My wife enjoyed her pie. I like the whole cornbread sandwich story even though i do not eat cornbread.

I like being in a small town pie shop. Wish they would play that up a bit .

I would return to try more pie :-)