“Wonderful experience at the Delta Street Inn”
Review of Delta Street Inn

Delta Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful experience at the Delta Street Inn”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my husband and my first experience in a B&B. Wow! I hope other B&B's in our future can come close to this excellent experience. The home was beautifully renovated and extremely clean. The decor was tastefully done. Not like some of the over the top B&B's with ugly furniture, colors and wallpaper. The hosts were gracious when they heard I was vegetarian and I was served a delicious breakfast. We were with another couple and ended up sitting on the beautiful front porch talking late into the evening over wine and cheese. I shared with Bob and Pam that my only regret was that we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
deltastreetinn, Owner at Delta Street Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We are so happy that you had a great time! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
DFW, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The owners were out of town while we were there, so we did not get breakfast. We knew when we made the reservations, so we were not surprised.

The place was very clean, and very comfortable. We had one of the rooms upstairs with a balcony that overlooked the gazebo.

The housekeeper was there to fill in and she kept the place going and clean.

The only drawback to the place (and it's not Delta Street Inn's fault) is the trains that run through town. They are loud. And the engineers lay on the horns for long stretches at a time. At all hours of the day and the night. We got used to it, sort of. I suspect everybody in town gets this.

There may or may not be other nice places in town, but we'll for sure stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Room #3 looks over the gazebo
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
One of my biggest regrets is not meeting our guests when we are out of town. I hope you return sometime when we are here. The train issue, ugh! There are two train tracks that run through town so there is no way to avoid them. The closest track to us is across the highway and fortunately our property is not right by the track but I do understand the trains can be annoying. I only wish there was more I could do. Thanks for staying with us and we are very happy you had an enjoyable stay.
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I looked online to get reviews for the different B&B's in Jefferson and the Delta Inn stood out among them all. Every review I read was excellent. Plus, finding a place to stay as neat and clean as this one had been reviewed, made it a top choice. The place was spotless!! Even though the owners were out of town, their assistant, Becky, was so sweet and helpful. She does an outstanding job keeping this home/rooms so clean. We stayed in Room 1, I believe it was, which is the only one with a bath/shower combo. (The other rooms have just the shower). It also had a balcony, which was so nice to just go out there from your room and sit and read. The bed was very comfortable too. The only draw back, if you could really even say so, was there are trains that come through all night long blowing their horns! We did miss getting to indulge in the breakfast, which had outstanding reviews as well, since the owners were out of town. Hopefully the next time we come back, we will get to experience that as well plus meet the owners! Without any hesitation, this would be the B&B to stay in for your next visit to Jefferson.

1 Thank L S
Thank you so much for staying with us! I wish we could have met you but hopefully you will return and stay with us again. Thanks for making such nice comments about Becky. She is a great assistant and we really appreciate her.
Calhoun, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Delta Street on two occasions. Both stays were wonderful. Great rooms, very clean and comfortable. The owners are wonderful hosts and they try to make all of their guests feel welcome. Bob has always given us great advice on places to eat in the area, so if you are ever a guest and you want to know the best places to eat, just ask Bob. The breakfast is always delicious! We highly recommend staying at Delta Street Inn for your visit to Jefferson.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for staying with us again. It was great seeing you two again!
shreveport
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The B&B we intended to stay in was unavailable, so I looked at this one on Tripadvisor, and the reviews were very good. I called and found the innkeeper to be helpful and friendly, so we gave it a try-it turned out to be a good decision. The couple who own the inn were very, very pleasant folks, the room was spotless and comfortable, and the house and grounds were immaculate. Breakfast was very, very nice as well. All in all, a pleasant surprise and an excellent choice and a good experience. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All but one have king beds, and that one has a queen. No bad choices, but the downstairs room is ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with and we are so happy that you had a great experience.
Cleburne, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found Delta Street Inn as I was driving through Jefferson looking at another bed and breakfast place. I was drawn to the clean-cut lawn, home and surroundings, telling me that they take very good care of the exterior parts of their bed and breakfast, suggesting the same for their guests. Bob and Pam's prices were very fair. As soon as they found out I was a vegetarian with allergies to milk they accommodated me immediately, even as I had not asked for that.

They are both warm and gracious hosts and I would highly recommend them and I would stay there again on any other trips in the area. It was a blessing to find them and enjoy their warm, friendly hospitality. And I would highly recommend them to to others, without hesitation.

Sincerely, Paul Coneff

Room Tip: They have queen and king size beds and rooms, depending on what is the best fit for your stay and th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad that you found us, it was great meeting and visiting with you.
Beardstown, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Delta Street Inn was clean, comfortable, and very relaxing. Breakfasts were outstanding, and hospitality was warm and welcoming. Small refrigerator in the breakfast room with water and cold soft drinks was a wonderful added value to the reasonable price of the room. My whole family stayed the weekend, and all praised the B&B. Also beautiful grounds and a quiet setting in an interesting, historic little town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It was a real pleasure meeting you and your family. We are glad that you all had a great time. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall
#11 of 28 in Jefferson
Inn of Jefferson
Inn of Jefferson
#3 of 4 in Jefferson

Been to Delta Street Inn? Share your experiences!