“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Fort Worth, TX
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Did not have an advance reservation. I thought the price was rather high for AAA/AARP discount. He would have given me another 10% off but without the Best Western "points". Never had that happen before! I chose the points! Good bed. Just average room.

Room Tip: Breakfast was ok with average selection. Clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coffeebeans8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tyler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was not expecting much as this is a small town. I was pleasantly surprised! the staff was excellent, all friendly and helpful.
My room was large, very clean and linens were of top quality, I especially appreciate soft fluffy towels after a long day of walking and travel.
Breakfast was good quality, all hot items hot and cold, cold.
The lobby was very comfortable. I felt compelled to sit in the lobby (as the sofa looked inviting) and read the History of the Best Western! What a great addition, I hadn't seen it before.
I will definately stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I was in the room next to the pool, not sure if it would be best in summer!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mercynurse62
Rachel44406, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Jasper, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Rachel Dalton
Manager
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Jasper Best Western to come to a funeral. I should say I usually stay at Best Western motels whenever I travel but I will avoid the Jasper Best Western in the future. After making reservations, my wife and I arrived at 11:00 pm and were scheduled to go to a morning funeral the next day. The plan was to stay at this motel Friday night and then Saturday. When my wife got into the room, we immediately notice hundreds of"Love" bugs all over the inside of the window and walls. For those of you not from east Texas Love Bugs of June bugs are a twice a year nuisance. They don't bite but they are abundant. The fact that there were hundreds in the room meant the motel's cleaning crew did absolutely nothing to remove the bugs during the daily cleaning. We were exhausted and went to sleep. In the morning we found out the toilet would not flush. Great! We had to get to the funeral but when I complained about the bugs and faulty toilet to the front desk I was meant with an "Oh well, stuff happens" attitude. We checked out. Then these idiots tried to charge me for 3 days on my credit card. Don't stay at this dump. Go to the Super 8 instead.

Room Tip: Stay at the Super 8 in Jasper instead.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank westcott360

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

A great place to stay either when you're on the road or for a few days. Lovely building that fits in with the mountain-scape, comfortable suite we enjoyed cooking, eating and sleeping in. Peaceful Japanese garden and cool swimming pool. Free internet in reception and informative, friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night while in town for graduation. Room did the trick because we just needed a place to stay for the night.. Room was quiet and clean. Hotel is a bit dated but acceptable, clean, and cheap.. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. They also had free wifi that actually works. Free breakfast was unavailable to us but we passed on it. If you just need a place to sleep for the night this place will work.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KidInfiniti
Livingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Thank you to Rachel and Jordan for making it a Great Weekend; while at my Family Reunion! We stayed at the same Hotel last year & Love that we can park outside our Door! They have an Awesome layout of the Pool, with the Jacuzzi at the Top! They are convinently Located off Hwy 190 in Jasper, right next to Elijah's Cafe! Walmart, Brookshires, & Dollar Store are within a Mile of the Hotel! Thank you for a Worry Free Stay!

Room Tip: Queen Smoking Close to Pool was an Excellent Location for Us!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shaneshoneypot
NB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

We only stayed one night and it did the job. Clean and friendly staff, but hotel is a bit outdated. Would stay again cause there was nothing wrong with the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple